What python games do you want for XBMC?
Multiplayer games where more than one controller is needed are not really possible in python as of yet as there is no way to find out which controller is being used etc. If a dev wrote this into xbmc, this would be handy. Also, they could make so eg. only controller port4 controls xbmc so you could have the other controllers for games and one controller for xbmc etc

Would be handy!
Looking for info about python for probably the more crazy proyect that this forum can host :p i've found a little interesting point: Game Programming in Python. Really it doesn't told anything, but there is a little point on it: it talks about python is very easy for 3D games compared with C++ so there are 3D game engines created to be used with python, as for example Blender game engine (yes: Blender, the GNU 3D modelling program has a 3D engine designed for games since a lot of time), so what about integrate it or another simple 3D engine (using DirectX, obviusly...) so we can start to have 3D games? At least, be able to play a Return to Castle Wolfenstein running on top of XBMC... :p

And in the other hand, it talks about Pygame, the 2D SDL python interface that maybe could help a lot making interfaces... What do you think about both ideas? Maybe the 3D engine could be able to be integrated inside XBMC core, so it could be used for example in skins (wow, XBMC with a real 3D interface... Big Grin )
Root Beer Tapper!! Always been one of my favorite games.

And since BBSs were brought up.. Could always make a XBMC
version of Trade Wars and have someone maybe run a trade wars server.

Or some BRE (Barren Realms Elite).. or LORD (legend of the red dragon.)
oh well.. a nostalgic woody...
My favorite:
bomberman
circus (atari)
nibbler
crush roller
kain9i6 Wrote:Root Beer Tapper!! Always been one of my favorite games.

Oh yes..That was a fun game and not much in the way of too much stuff to be controlled on the screen...Id love to see this one. Could even have it so we could make our own graphics for the characters..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
chunk_1970 Wrote:Oh yes..That was a fun game and not much in the way of too much stuff to be controlled on the screen...Id love to see this one. Could even have it so we could make our own graphics for the characters..

Could possibly even have someone host a server that keeps scores and where people can upload custom made characters that can randomly be the customers in the game (maybe even put our faces on the customer's or celebrities.. I'm sure lindsay lohan would frequent bars enough to warrant her own avatar in the game. lol) or something. And every day it logs on and grabs random additions to the characters?
I'd still love some type of competitive trivia game where people could load in additional questions (or download them automatically). Would be fun when just hanging out with friends and we don't feel like playing an actual game.
I second that ^
Lightbulb 
Maybe you guys should start by looking at porting existing python games, see http://www.pygame.org
...or more specificly => http://www.pygame.org/projects/6
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Concentration is on there. That'd be fun.
OT: Google for "Super Mario War". It's free and they have an Xbox compile that's great with 4 people.
Rainbow 
Network Defcon Wink

Would be uber cool (especially since we can all play over Xlink kai. Of course we can't copy defcon exactly - but the idea is easily enough implimented and all we'd really need is a different (but similar) map to base it on and four or five different logos.

Here's a link about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON_%28computer_game%29

I don't think writing it is beyond us Wink
TheBoxMan Wrote:Network Defcon Wink

Would be uber cool (especially since we can all play over Xlink kai. Of course we can't copy defcon exactly - but the idea is easily enough implimented and all we'd really need is a different (but similar) map to base it on and four or five different logos.

Here's a link about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON_%28computer_game%29

I don't think writing it is beyond us Wink

Lol! I love that f*cking game instead i haven't played it yet!!! :p UpLink, Darwinia, Defcon... Introversion guys are awesome Big Grin Yes, it's a nice idea, but it would be a lot of work, but if someone want to try it, it can count with me Wink

P.D.: yes, i thinked about a WarGames and a network hacker game style game before Defcon and UpLink 2.0 were released and i'm a little jealous... :p
Rainbow 
the AI's might be tricky but I wouldn't think the network gameplay would be too hard.

Anyway Defcon gets a big thumbs up vote from me Wink
sorry to drag up an old thread but does anyone know if there's a version of the BBC game Elite that works on XBMC?

Either that or can the PC version (Elite the New Kind) be made to work?

It would be pretty cool to use the controller rather than a keyboard.

cheers

Darcy....mostly harmless
Smile 
http://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/damn_birds.shtml
that is the link, could it be done, it is 2-D but not a classic game.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What python games do you want for XBMC?1