context menu does not work
I suddenly realized that the context menu does not pop-up at almost any level and with all skins tried.
I tried a new fresh installation - after having kept a backup - and it works fine.
I moved back the old one, but the problem persists.
I am kindly asking for your help, because it is quite a pity to start all over again.
Hi,
Is there an .xml file in your userdata\keymaps folder?
If so, try renaming or moving any file in the folder. See if that helps.
Hi Atreyu,
Many thanks your post.
You were absolutely correct. There were two .xml files in the userdata\keymaps folder.
The one causing the problem was this " super_favourites_menu.xml " , which I removed.
The other one was " Joystick.AppleRemote.xml ", which I left it there. I hope it is OK.
I greatly appreciate your help. SmileSmileSmile
That's fine i was fiddling with this myself not too long ago ;-)
I think the .xml's are cumulative, so you can leave or add the ones you like.

Beats a reinstall !
Thanks so much for this post! I just wanted to add to this for any newbies like me with the same problem. The path to userdata is:

Android - Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/ (see note)
iOS - /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/Kodi/userdata/
Linu - ~/.kodi/userdata/
Mac- /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/Kodi/userdata/ (see note)
OpenELEC- /storage/.kodi/userdata/
Windows- Start - type %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata - press <Enter>
Hi!
I am new to the forum and a new Kodi user via Firestick. I have a few movies downloaded and would like to delete them to create more space, however my contect menu is no longer working. I tried to delete addons, but without the menu button, I am not able to. If I try to go into system settings or file manager, I get a black screen. I have tried to force stop and clear cache but it does not help. I am assuming I don't have enough space to complete these actions, but how can I create space if I cannot delete or get into these files?
personally skin wise i cant see past transparency, its the sort of skin that once you use it nothing compares. i know this wasnt directed at your orig question but i can recommend this and EVERYTHING seems to work with it.
I don't even know how to change the skin lol and I am afraid I have no space to do anything but am unable to create space with no context menu and black screens. Rolleyessniffle:
You change skins via settings/appearance/skin but as for the no space comment can you elaborate a bit more please? Shocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
context menu does not work1