[RELEASE] Retro-X (Arcade Emulator/Game Launcher)
Thumbs Up 
Retro-X - RELEASEDShocked

Released and Available.
Your Can Get It Here
http://xbmc-torrrent-controller.googleco...etro-X.zip

FEATURES:
MULTIPLE LANGUAGE SUPPORT. (Only English and German done but other languages can be setup easily)
MULTIPLE SKIN SUPPORT. (Currently MC360 and PM3 as default) (Thanks to guibuilder from Nuka1195)
CONFIGURATION OF – XBOX EMULATORS
CONFIGURATION OF – XBOX HOMEBREW
CONFIGURATION OF – PYTHON GAMES
UNLIMITED FAVOURITES TOGGLED ON/OFF.
UNLIMITED SOURCES FOR EACH EMULATOR
MULTIPLE SCREENSHOT/SLIDESHOW SUPPORT FOR EMULATOR PICTURES.
CONFIGURABLE DISPLAY FOR SINGLE AND DUAL IMAGE DISPLAY.
CONFIGURE AUTORETURN TO RETURN TO THE POINT BEFORE THE GAME WAS STARTED
SEARCH SUB-DIRECTORIES. WHEN THE SEARCH SUBDIRS IS SET TO TRUE.
FULLY CONFIGURABLE VIA SCRIPT NO XML EDITING REQUIRED.
BACKUP ROMLISTS TO FILE FOR SUPERFAST ROM DISPLAY (After initial read)
DISPLAY FAVOURITES FOR ALL EMULATORS

!Notes:
* Strings in German that need modifying : 1,2,3,86 /language/german.xml
* This has been tested on the very latest builds from 2.0.1 of XBMC to Svn:7331 and works. There are a few cosmetic issues when using MC360 skin but apart from that it works ok.

Install:
- Simply extract the zip file and ftp over to /XBMC/script directory

Running:
When you first run the script you will be informed that no Emulators are setup so you will need to Add them through the Configuration Menu:

Menu Options:
*Modify Emulator :
Just select the Emulator to modify and all the Info will be displayed. Select OK to write changes or Cancel to revert back.

*Add Emulator:
Menu Options:
* Emulator with Game Support - This is for Emulators that support loading games directly from the script. Emulators that support this function are All Xport Emus (With the exception of Mame) and Znes. There may be others and if someone knows that the Emulator they run support this then please let me know.
Configuration Options:
* Name - Friendly name for the Emulator you are setting up (!Required Item).
* Path to xbe/py - Browse to the path and select the file to run (normally default.xbe) (!Required Item)
* Path to Icon - Browse to the path and select the image to be displayed when viewing the Emulator. (!Required Item)
* Name of Source - Friendly name for the primary location of the romfiles to display. (!Required Item)
* Rompath - Browse to the primary location of where the roms are. (!Required Item)
* Romext - Extensions to look for when getting roms multiple types seperated by a space eg, 'zip nes t64' etc. (!Required Item)
* Picture Path - Browse to the Path where the screenshots are located. (!Optional)
* Picture Format - Format that the pictures are in for that Emulator. Typical examples are '%s' for all Xport Emulators or '%s.png' for Zsnes. The %s gets replaced with the rom being displayed at the time. As export stores all pictures in a Subdirectory matching the name of the rom it will display all files in the directory in a slideshow. (!Optional)
* Art Path - Browse to where you Artwork is located for the Emulator. (!Optional)
* Search Subdirs - Selecting this Toggles Searching All Subdirectories from the Initial Rompath. When enabled all subdirs are scanned for roms. The roms are all sorted alphabetically in one big list.

* Emulator - Standalone - This is for Emulators that do not support passing a game directly to them. Examples of this are Mame.
Configuration Options:
* Path to xbe/py - Browse to the path and select the file to run (normally default.xbe) (!Required Item)
* Path to Icon - Browse to the path and select the image to be displayed when viewing the Emulator. (!Required Item)

* HomeBrew - This is for setting up any Homebrew Application/Games that you would like to see on this list.
Configuration Options:
* Path to Icon - Browse to the path and select the image to be displayed when viewing the Homebrew App/Game. (!Required Item)

* Python Game - This is for setting up any Python Games.
Configuration Options:
* Path to xbe/py - Browse to the path and select the file to run (normally default.py) (!Required Item)
* Path to Icon - Browse to the path and select the image to be displayed when viewing the Python Game. (!Required Item)

*Delete Emulator:
Just select the Emulator/Game/Homebrew you want to delete. You will be prompted to confirm the deletion.

*System Config:
Options:
* Dual Display - Toggles Dual Icon Display. When enable it will display the Emualtor icon in the top wndow and the bottom display will scroll through all other images for the Rom. When False only the bottom window will be displayed in Rom view and will cycle through the Emulator icon and all other images.
* AutoReturn - Toggles Autoreturn Feature. When enabled it saves the current view and when you exit the game it will return to the display where the rom was launched from. This works for all configurable Emulators/Python scripts. This works best if XBMC is setup as your Dashboard.

Emulator Display:
The default view is to Display the Emulators/Python Games that have been configured.
*Available Button Options in the Default Emulator Display are:
X - Display All Favourites. This searched all Emulators that have any Favourites setup and Display them in a list.
B - Exit the Application.
A - Select the Option. If an Item displays [LAUNCH] on the right hand side this indicates that the item is Emualtor-Standalone/HomeBrew or Script so will be Launched. Otherwise the roms for the selected item would be displayed.

Rom Display:
When you selected an Emulator that has been configured with game support. A list of all available roms in the primary rompath are displayed if matching the possible extensions setup in RomExt.
*Available Button Options in Rom Display View are:
X - Toggle Favourites on/off. Favourites are displayed at the top of the list next time you view the list.
B - Go back to the Default Emulators display.
A - Launch the select Rom.
Y - Configure/Modify additional sources..
Options Available:
* Set Default View: Select this to set the default Source to your current Source when you next view this Emulator.
* Add Source: This enables you to add an additional rompaths for this Emulator:
Configuration Options:
* Name of Source - Friendly name for the new location of the romfiles to display. (!Required Item)
* Rompath - Browse to the location of where the roms are. (!Required Item)
* Picture Path - Browse to the Path where the additional screenshots are located. If left empty will default to primary (!Optional)
* Art Path - Browse to the Path where the additional Artwork is located. If left empty will default to primary (!Optional)
* Search Subdirs - If enabled will search all Subdirectories for the new Source.
When complete you will be prompted to show to newly created source.
*Switch To: Switch to any of the Additional Sources available.
*Delete: Delete the Source Required.

Favourites Display:
When the X button has been pressed on the default screen All Emulators will be searched for Favourites and displayed in list to select.
*Available Button Options in Favourites Display View are:
B - Go back to the Default Emulators display.
A - Launch the select Rom.

Package Contents:
/games (Directory) All romlists/favourites get stored here
/language (Directory) Contains language files/strings.
/media (Directory) Non-Default images.
/skins (Directory) Contains MC360 and Default PM3 Skins.
config.xml (File) Holds all configuration data for Emulators.
default.py (File) Main Script.
default.tbn (File) ThumbNail Image/Icon for Script.
emuos.py (File) Controls reading/writing xml files.
Emureturn.py (File) Controls Autoreturn for Python Games.
guibuilder.py (File) Gui creation script by Nuka1195.

Your Can Get It Here
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
the links dead bud...
Sorry, Id cut and pasted from another forum..

This is the full url..

chunk_1970 Wrote:Sorry, Id cut and pasted from another forum..

This is the full url..

This looks cool! Thanks i will have to give it a try! Hey i was also wondering if you have updated your SABnzbd Controller: v1.2 to work the lastest builds? i really do like that script alot. I couldnt get it to work with the lastest T3CH builds. Sad Thanks for all your hard work!
flamez Wrote:This looks cool! Thanks i will have to give it a try! Hey i was also wondering if you have updated your SABnzbd Controller: v1.2 to work the lastest builds? i really do like that script alot. I couldnt get it to work with the lastest T3CH builds. Sad Thanks for all your hard work!

I have learnt alot more python since I originally wrote those scripts and when this project has settled down I will be going back to re-write my controller scripts as I can hopefully do a much better job than before.. SABnzbd and Torrent are both using the old guibuilder which is not compatible with the newest Xbmc releases.
FEATURES ADDED: (For Version 1.01)

* SOUND PACKS - USE YOUR OWN CUSTOM SOUNDS Create a directory under sounds with any name you like. Then copy your sounds into that directory. Must be .wav files and have the following names: move,start,end,select,launch,faves,dialog. You dont have to have a .wav for each you can just have the sounds you want like start and end. Then goto the SYSTEM CONFIG and toggle to which SOUND PACK you want.

* TOGGLE SHOWING ROM EXTENSIONS - CONFIGURE VIA SYSTEM CONFIG

* SKINNED FOR CLEARITY

* SKINNED FOR x-TV

* SKINNED FOR BLACKBOLT CLASSIC

*Download Here*

Screenshots:
BlackBolt Classic Skin:

Clearity Skin:

xTV Skin:

How Do you Setup Art Path? I Have BoxArt For Old Roms Sourced From Gamefaqs, And Cant Figure How to use them For Instance;

Romfile: sonicthehedgehog.smd
"Art path" Was Configured To "F:\thumbs\
And I Have In This Directory "sonicthehedgehog.png" But It Doesnt Show In RetroX?

Hope That Made Sense, My Grammer Sucks
Quote From Quake4 Video Comment:
"OMG They made a Enemy Terrotories 4! When!?"
Smile 
Any plans on making this work on other XBMC platforms (especially: Linux)?
I got mame to work threw samba.Could I stream mame from this app as well?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Retro-X (Arcade Emulator/Game Launcher)0