Setting up media - TV shows / movies
Hi

I have just got my Kodi up and running on the rasberry Pi and hoping for some basic advice! A lot of people on here seem to use Kodi for streaming movies/TV which is great, and something I will use in the future. For now I have 90% of my media on my NAS that I want to try and view on Kodi.

I was using Boxee before, and the beauty of that is it let you store all your media in one folder (movies, TV shows) and it automatically sorted them for you and put them into the correct places when browsing the interface (don't even have to rename!)

When I added my media folder (which includes TV shows and movies) into Kodi I'm having trouble viewing these:

- everything is lumped under movies
- the TV shows are not being shown as a hierarchy
- I can't even see a 'TV show' menu item, just movies

Is this because my media is in all one folder? Or have I just not set up Kodi right. Also Kodi came pre-installed so I haven't really added much ad ons other then tvdb.com and it still doesn't work.

Any help much appreciated. Thank you
Yes, with kodi you must keep movies and TV in separate directories.
Naming_video_files (wiki)
Thanks for tbr reply! Will the TV show menue then appear on the interface?
(2015-10-30, 15:13)popcornmix Wrote: Yes, with kodi you must keep movies and TV in separate directories.
Naming_video_files (wiki)

Hi - I split all my media up into sub folders according to that wiki guide - thanks for sending through. I still don't see TV SHOWS as a menu item in KODI - everything is lumped under Movies still.

Do I have to enable something?
Have you set the content of your tv shows folder and performed a scan?
Worked!!

Thanks peeps...after it did the media scan I rebooted my PI and voila it worked. Smile
Hi please can you help?

New to all this, Ive got a Pi, it stopped working and updating, so in my wisdom I've bought an sd card adapter, formatted sd card but now need help with what to put on card to get it up and running again. Have tried but not working!! Can anyone help? I'll be eternally grateful.

Many thanks

Had open elec, xbmc, tv addons on it. would love even more stuff.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up media - TV shows / movies1