Help with minor mod of the Kaleidascrape script?!
Hey, i figured I might as well post the script the guy made with supposed Apple Trailer functionaly, if you want to take a look at it. I'm not sure if it works now or not.

http://www.pinblog.com/kalidiscrapecmh.py
Yeah the xbmc build does need to be checked to make this alot more bullet-proof. I will have a look at the other script..
Server: FreeNas 9 NAS: 6*3TB - Kodi Sql Database
Kodi Systems: Nvidia Shield Pro, G-Box Q (OpenElec), RikoMagic MK802 IV[
Skin: reFocus
hey i just realized you misspelled "Kaleidascrape" as "Kalaidescrape," switching the a and the e, in the config.xml, so it wasn't working at first. Thought you might want to know..
actually, the name of the actualy device is spelled Kaleidescape, but the original writer of the script spelled it Kaleidascrape.
timdog82001 Wrote:Awesome, looks great, much cleaner and simpler.
If I wish to add support for more filetypes (such as vob's) can I just add them to the lists in config.xml?

Yeah just add in any file extension you want just seperate them with a space.
timdog82001 Wrote:Hey, i figured I might as well post the script the guy made with supposed Apple Trailer functionaly, if you want to take a look at it. I'm not sure if it works now or not.

http://www.pinblog.com/kalidiscrapecmh.py

It has no Apple Movie Trailers configured in it. The only thing he has is a commented out line to a module from an old version of AMT before it has been extensively re-written..

Not suprised I spelt the kaliadescrape (Or whatever wrong!)
music still doesn't seem to be working in subfolders. It works when I have music in the root of the music folder, but when I deleted those files, it stopped playing music.
ah yeah, i had a feeling that was the case, the only thing that made me think it was working was that he said it was in the area at the top. Well thanks for checking. Would be a really cool capability if he ever gets around to finishing it, though i doubt he will.
hey, sorry to be posting so much....Is there any way to change the order the videos play? Right now, it's going through the trivia, and the going: Animated Shorts, THX, Pre-Show, Trailers, DTS, Theatrical Intros, and then feature of course, and I can't find any way of configuring the order.
I don't know if you're interested in adding this or not, but I checked the xbmc manual and found the supported video and audio files, and added all those to the extensions list in the config.xml, minus the ones that were online streams.

here's the audio:

mp3 wma wav m4a nsv flac aac rm mpa mp2 ac3 dts cue aif aiff wpl ape mac mpc mp+ mpp shn

and the video:

avi mpg mpeg ogg wmv mov vob rm rmvb asf m4v 3gp ts ty qt divx xvid bivx nrg img iso pva asx ogm m2v dvr-ms mp4 mkv avc vp3 svq3 nuv viv dv fli flv
This is exactly what I was looking for. I have one question though. Can all of the media be on a samba share? I have multiple xboxes and use a NAS device to host all of my media files.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
not the way he's modified it, no I don't believe so...but in the original, yes. Honestly he sort of abandoned helping out with this right before it would have been usable. In its current state, you cant choose the order in which it plays stuff, which I find to be rather annoying. But i'm not bitter, i'm grateful for what time he did put into it....Kind of a bummer though. But the original is functional with slight modifications...honestly haven't used it in a long time though. Perhaps in a while i can try to get it working again.
timdog82001 Wrote:not the way he's modified it, no I don't believe so...but in the original, yes. Honestly he sort of abandoned helping out with this right before it would have been usable. In its current state, you cant choose the order in which it plays stuff, which I find to be rather annoying. But i'm not bitter, i'm grateful for what time he did put into it....Kind of a bummer though. But the original is functional with slight modifications...honestly haven't used it in a long time though. Perhaps in a while i can try to get it working again.

Thanks, I guess I will have to learn some python Smile
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with minor mod of the Kaleidascrape script?!0