Can't run 15/16 on brand new PC
I just got this PC http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014QVM2AY

I've tried Kodi 15 and 16, and it freezes a moment or few every time I click on anything, locks up and regularly goes to Not Responding/crash. 14.2 is working OK.

Is this PC not up to the task? Any suggestions?

I am not running anything else on the PC so far, I've only installed Kodi and Chrome and disabled unneeded startup items.

Edit: I am not running a community build.
Might try the direct X11 build, ensure you have the latest updated gfx drivers and try using software rendering instead of accelerated hardware graphics.
Thanks Pat. I had already tried software rendering. After much reading I found that there are issues for some with some programs because of directx12 and the latest gfx drivers (rolling back the display driver didn't help).

I just installed Kodi 15.2 and tried running it compatibility mode and so far things have been running OK, only been about 10 minutes or so, but no crashes or lockupsSmile. It wouldn't go more than a minute before, need to put it through more paces to see if it's actually solved. I was just before boxing the PC up and sending it back, lol.

I had issues with a couple of other (nonessential) programs, will try compatibility on them in a bit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't run 15/16 on brand new PC0