• 3(current)
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support
and it would be a cute little poke in the ribs to m$ by using the help of an apple product.
Big Grin 
please, people, consider what daap support for xbmc could bring Wink

anyone seen the new airport express?? i would like to do the same with my xbox.

usefull links:

general info:
http://www.opendaap.org/

clientlib for win2k:
http://www.deleet.de/projekte/daap/

protocol documentation:
http://tapjam.net/daap/
http://molelog.molehill.org/blox/compute....writeback
there really doesnt seem to be much interest in developing this does there? i cant understand it when itunes and ipods are everywhere, but nobody seems to want to develop this in xbmc??
there's plenty of interest - you've just got to wait until the feature freeze is finished.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

feature requests should be lodged at our sourceforge site, although as i've already said i will be looking into itunes support once the feature freeze is finished.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

cool, thanks froza, cant wait until after 1.0 is out!
i would love this! right now i'm sharing my ipod music collection through smb and the folder structure on the ipod is extremely hard to search through. (i don't have my music doubled on my hd, to save space)
an option to search through my entire collection in an itunes kinda way would rock.
yes! i'd love this.
i've just got my box modded 3 days ago and have since then been trying to share my ipod properly.

if you succeed in implementing this, add me to the extremely satisfied xbmc users!
well 1.0 is out and now the feature freeze is done (or it should be)! so i guess we can now once again drum up interest in this integration.

a@ron
good grief - i haven't finished uploading the 1.0 source package to sourceforge yet and you're all on this like a rash Smile

relax! it's the first thing on my list Smile

cool man, i appreciate it. my main purpose for the bumping of the topic again was to show that i was still around and keeping my word. anyhow :bowdown:

a@ron
Sad 
@forza, to what degree are you planning on implemeneting zeroconf, rendezvous and/or daap into xbmc?... Huh
...i mean do you (and other developers planning to code this?) think we should merge these three threads?:
- 1: rendezvous (zeroconf) support, like for apple itunes 4
- 2: apple itunes daap playlist/xml-library support?, (a@ron/t029248/topcat offer $150 if coded)
- 3: apple itunes zeroconf/rendezvous support?, detect & stream rendezvous data protocol

(guybrush @ oct. 22 2003,17:08 Wrote:i have been looking to implement this a long time ago, but was stuck on to get multicast working with the xbox.
afaik, xbox doesnt support multicast, which zeroconf uses... too bad Sad
(frodo @ dec. 12 2003,18:47 Wrote:yep the xbox/xdk doesnt support multicasting / frodo
@forza, before start coding would probebely be best if you first investigate this: multicasting (network) on xbox, possible or not? (link)

don't think multicasting is supported still - so that will probably rule out zero conf. i'm looking at getting daap support in so you can play off your playlists etc. you will have to define the itunes 'servers' in your xboxmediacenter.xml - no big deal i think Smile

(forza @ july 02 2004,21:56 Wrote:define the itunes 'servers' in your xboxmediacenter.xml - no big deal i think Smile
i-tunes servers that sounds weird for now!

defining the servers can't be a problem it's a one time task. accessing play list means that dynamic play lists?
or for instance the "party shuffle". and what about updating play count data, or do i ask to much?

it's great this is being developed....
one thing at a time. once they get the daap streaming implemented we will see what they/it are/is capable of.

a@ron
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support0