• 4(current)
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support
this is great!

thanks forza!!
with itunes getting bigger and bigger, this will help a lot of people.
libopendaap ported to xbox last night and i'm able to browse the itunes db and playlists within xbmc - still lot's more to do, but the worst is done now Smile

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

that's wonderful news forza i can't wait to get that code on my xbox and test this.
holy shit man good going. does all the tag data come though alright? if so it'd be a godsend lol. let us know when we can start to see this stuff appear in the cvs :o

a@ron
yes - all the tag info comes through.

it'll be a week or so before it's in a useful state, at the moment i've got browsing implemented, next up is the actual playing of media.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

wow!
great to see this moving along, cant wait to try it.
Sad 
(forza @ july 02 2004,21:56 Wrote:
(gamester17 @ july 02 2004,14:34 Wrote:@forza, to what degree are you planning on implemeneting zeroconf, rendezvous and/or daap into xbmc?... Huh
...i mean do you (and other developers planning to code this?) think we should merge these three threads?:
- 1: rendezvous (zeroconf) support, like for apple itunes 4
- 2: apple itunes daap playlist/xml-library support?, (a@ron/t029248/topcat offer $150 if coded)
- 3: apple itunes zeroconf/rendezvous support?, detect & stream rendezvous data protocol

(guybrush @ oct. 22 2003,17:08 Wrote:i have been looking to implement this a long time ago, but was stuck on to get multicast working with the xbox.
afaik, xbox doesnt support multicast, which zeroconf uses... too bad Sad
(frodo @ dec. 12 2003,18:47 Wrote:yep the xbox/xdk doesnt support multicasting / frodo
@forza, before start coding would probebely be best if you first investigate this: multicasting (network) on xbox, possible or not? (link)
don't think multicasting is supported still - so that will probably rule out zero conf.
i'm looking at getting daap support in so you can play off your playlists etc. you will have to define the itunes 'servers' in your xboxmediacenter.xml - no big deal i think Smile
ok, i merged threads 1 and 3, the "zeroconf/rendezvous" requests. i understand that is not same as the "itunes playlist daap" request(?)
@forza, understand you are now only looking into coding the "itunes-playlist/daap" side of this?, if so, please that discussion here (link) tia
Thumbs Up 
(a@ron @ april 30 2004,05:48 Wrote:im going to offer $50 to any dev who decides to implement this on xbmc! im totally serious too, i really want this feature.

i also found a current daap client that works with the new itunes 4.5 and runs on linux and other platforms, http://www.deleet.de/projekte/daap/

please someone feel that this feature is worthy enough to implement!! i would be very greatful and you'd have $50.

a@ron
(topcat @ may 09 2004,15:27 Wrote:i would love this, and i would pay $50 to anybody that could add this feature.  if this doesnt get added soon, im going to have to be a slimp3, which is a shame as i have an xbox that could be up for the job.

as it is, xbmc isnt much use to me.
(t029248 @ april 30 2004,13:25 Wrote:i add $ 50 too when it's being done!
fyi; forza is now working on this (daap support), (hope a@ron/t029248/topcat honour thier offers when forza complete/commit it)
Big Grin 
note! please keep all "zeroconf/rendezvous" suggestions and requests separate in this other thread (link), (as that is not the same as daap), tia
i totally intend on honoring my $50. im just waiting for it to hit a usable state and see the light of day in cvs so i can test it out and then to paypal i go.

a@ron
(gamester17 @ july 05 2004,10:29 Wrote:
(a@ron @ april 30 2004,05:48 Wrote:im going to offer $50 to any dev who decides to implement this on xbmc! im totally serious too, i really want this feature.

i also found a current daap client that works with the new itunes 4.5 and runs on linux and other platforms, http://www.deleet.de/projekte/daap/

please someone feel that this feature is worthy enough to implement!! i would be very greatful and you'd have $50.

a@ron
(topcat @ may 09 2004,15:27 Wrote:i would love this, and i would pay $50 to anybody that could add this feature.  if this doesnt get added soon, im going to have to be a slimp3, which is a shame as i have an xbox that could be up for the job.

as it is, xbmc isnt much use to me.
(t029248 @ april 30 2004,13:25 Wrote:i add $ 50 too when it's being done!
fyi; forza is now working on this (daap support), (hope a@ron/t029248/topcat honour thier offers when forza complete/commit it)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
i'm allready warming up my paypal account.... first i will like to see it working but then i will do as promised! :kickass:
just to let you know, i plan to honor the $50 i offered, and will pay up as we have it working.
tc
how is this coming along? have you had a chance to work on it? is it usable yet?
status report;

you can fully browse the music collection and see a list of playlists and last night i also got it actually playing music too Smile

i've had to spend many, many hours fixing bugs in libopendaap and adding missing functionality - this has slowed me down quite a lot. there's still more fixing/adding to do; there's a *huge* memory leak to fix in libopendaap, it doesn't retrieve the full music d/b, playlist support is very buggy and it leaves open sessions on the itunes 'server' when playing music.

having said all of that though it is coming along and we will have itunes daap support in xbmc - it's just going to take another week or so...

good to hear it's going alright, i hope you haven't hit any roadblocks too large.

a@ron
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support0