• 5(current)
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support
well done forza!
its all looking good, thanks for all the hard work.  

like others have said, i would be happy for plain aac/mp3 playback for now. itunes store aac files would be great, but maybe sometime in the future.  playback of the files looks like a well big job, and next to impossible at the moment.
so how goes it?
i've been very unwell the last few days so progress has been slow but have now managed to get libopendaap in a reasonable shape. it will now play any media in the itunes library, but not any drm stuff. over the next few days i'm going to be working on the following;

1. hold a global connection object inside xbmc
2. fix the f'ing memory leak
3. re-work libopendaap's streaming code to play nicer with xbmc
4. re-work libopendaap's database code ot play nicer with xbmc
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

first off, i hope you feel better. it's nice to hear it is playing the files now, are there any caching issues (i don't think there would be since your home networks should be able to handle 196/128 kbps Wink). good job on this man im going to be impressed when i see this in action for sure. also if you'd ever want a 128 mb xbox motherboard for development purposes let me know.

a@ron

yeah, hope your feeling better, ive been feeling bad all day! u must have passed it on through this board!
thanks - starting to feel human again!

two major bugs sorted tonight;

fixed the memory leak (hooray!Wink
fixed the stuck open itunes sessions (double hooray!Wink

so this means that libopendaap is now behaving and functioning in a stable manner. now i can really get moving ....
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

wow, bravo. weren't those the two major bugs in the system? this is awesome news, too bad my mini ipod died today (thank goodness for the bestbuy prp).

a@ron
hi forza, really good work.

so what is left to do?
what is your agenda Smile

keep it up! :thumbsup:

- btw i have this topic tracked like many others so when an female voice says: "you have mail", i run to the computer in excitement! -
Quote:so what is left to do?
what is your agenda Smile

this is the list of things do to;

libopendaap does not handle large music collections - the list of songs is sent over in sections by itunes, libopendaap only handles the first section.

playlists - libopendaap will return a list of playlists, but not the songs on the playlist - there is code present to do this but it doesn't work.

memory/resources - itunes always want's to send over the whole music d/b even if you only want one artist's music, this can have an impact on memory if the music collection is *very* large. we may be stuck with this, but it's on my list of things to look at later.

so, not that much more to do before i can get a first release out the door. i am using itunes 4.6 on windows, i guess this will all work just as happily with the mac os itunes version ...

forza, do you know how big a collection of mp3/aac libopendaap can currently work with?
the limit is free ram, as the xbox has 'only' 64mb memory management has to be strict - i haven't worked it out yet but if you guys can give me some ideas of the number tracks in your itunes library i can give some guide on what is or isn't possible. i don't think it's much to worry about at this stage as there's generally around 30mb free at the time i need to get any data back from the itunes server.

i have around 32 gigs worth of music. pretty much every cd i own. i'm not sure of the exact number of tracks, but i think it's around 8000.
at the moment i have 11012 songs including my complete cd collection ripped to aac 228 bitrate m4a files. those songs are split up in different smaller folders and playlists, but the complete library view could be a problem. if those large libraries will consume all the available memory on load xbox will be limited to smaller playlists or on the the “server” side something should cache the data…
update for tonight;

no worries on the library size front, each song requires a massive 91 bytes of memory, so even with 11000+ songs this will only require 1mb or so of ram Smile

i've also solved the problem of incomplete databases coming over - this was my misunderstanding of how itunes transferred the available songs list - i had to add all my music to at least one playlist before it became available over daap.

bad news for the night is that our mplayer core doesn't seem to like m4a aac audio files - it won't play any of mine (itunes purchased music converted using hymn) regardless of how i get them to the xbox (itunes/smb/file). all my mp3's play fine tho Smile

so - just playlist support to get working and we're there for a first release!

Quote:bad news for the night is that our mplayer core doesn't seem to like m4a aac audio files - it won't play any of mine (itunes purchased music converted using hymn) regardless of how i get them to the xbox (itunes/smb/file). all my mp3's play fine tho
what about aac's that itunes made when ripping cd's (ie. non music store files)? i have reconverted at least have of my music to aac, and it'd be nice to be able to play 'em.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support0