• 2(current)
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support
yes there is also a java port of itunes which incorporates daap called jtunes on sourceforge as well... that and the rendevous (god zeroconf is so much easier to spell) stuff was opensourced by apple i believe.

a@ron
apple's going to release the daap documentation soon...this should be good.
http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html
im going to offer $50 to any dev who decides to implement this on xbmc! im totally serious too, i really want this feature.

i also found a current daap client that works with the new itunes 4.5 and runs on linux and other platforms, http://www.deleet.de/projekte/daap/

please someone feel that this feature is worthy enough to implement!! i would be very greatful and you'd have $50.

a@ron
i add $ 50 too when it's being done!
i would love this, and i would pay $50 to anybody that could add this feature. if this doesnt get added soon, im going to have to be a slimp3, which is a shame as i have an xbox that could be up for the job.

as it is, xbmc isnt much use to me.
as we're in a feature freeze at the moment you're going to have to wait - but i have got all the docs/specs/etc. and will have a look at it later - unless one of the other devs beats me to it Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

well its nice it got some dev attension Smile so you think it's possible with the information i linked? i mean this protocol is just a variation on daam, which itself is a variant of http...

a@ron
there is a thread on this where a developer has stated he would try it as soon as version 1 of xbmc is released out and the feature freeze ends. myself and another forum member put up $50 each for whoever codes it in... maybe if you'd like to contribute to that fund it would make it more attractive. i linked open source files which do the zeroconf (rendezvous) networking, song/playlist information, and song streaming all in one. also linked some linux itunes servers for those on linux so they could use it too.

a@ron
(a@ron @ may 11 2004,03:20 Wrote:there is a thread on this where a developer has stated he would try it as soon as version 1 of xbmc is released out and the feature freeze ends. myself and another forum member put up $50 each for whoever codes it in... maybe if you'd like to contribute to that fund it would make it more attractive. i linked open source files which do the zeroconf (rendezvous) networking, song/playlist information, and song streaming all in one. also linked some linux itunes servers for those on linux so they could use it too.

a@ron
@A@ron, actualy the thread you are talking about (link) is open for itunes playlist/xml-library support, and not for zeroconf/rendezvous
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
yes, im glad there are people wanting to see this happen, but would i be being gready to want zeroconfig and itunes xml reading?

that really would be fantstic and i would give $50 to who makes this for sure!

if we are waiting for teh bugs to be ironed out in v1 before new code, how long do you think we are loking at?? 6 moths, a year?
(gamester17 @ may 11 2004,11:22 Wrote:@A@ron, actualy the thread you are talking about (link) is open for itunes playlist/xml-library support, and not for zeroconf/rendezvous
yup i know but the libopendaap c code does the following:
features:
discovers itunes shares automatically over rendezvous
supports all recent itunes versions
simple api

so i think it would be a "one stop shop" for the xml playlist/library support and the other stuff.

a@ron
the files i have downloaded from itunes before 4.5 work great on the xbox, but the new ones don't work and it crashes my xbox. these same m4a files or aac files, will work with winamp 5.03. i would really love to get the new ones to work. i went to mplayer's website to see if there was an update to the codec and found nothing on this. not a very easy site to find info, no forums.

has anybody successfully gotten this to work yet?
(ripper @ may 14 2004,05:42 Wrote:the files i have downloaded from itunes before 4.5 work great on the xbox, but the new ones don't work and it crashes my xbox.  these same m4a files or aac files, will work with winamp 5.03.  i would really love to get the new ones to work.  i went to mplayer's website to see if there was an update to the codec and found nothing on this.  not a very easy site to find info, no forums.

has anybody successfully gotten this to work yet?
please keep this specific thread to it's topic, do not post help/bugs/support requests in this forum, the feature suggestions forum
Smile 
itunes streams on port 3689 for anyone that wants to put dev time into it. i used to work for apple so i called guy i knew and he says that their isn't a whole lot to it. apparently any machine with sharing enabled simply listens on port 3689. when another machine comes onto the network with sharing turned on, the two handshake any libraries and custom playlists to each other. then any time a tune is clicked, it simply starts an .mp3 (or .aac, .wma, .wav) stream just like any other streaming application.

the only reason that i suggest this feature for future versions of xbmc is that there would be no .ini editing or ip configuration. the pc and xbox could just click the "itunes sharing" checkbox and both would see each other.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple iTunes DAAP playlist/XML-library support0