HD audio with Intel n3000?
I bought an asrock beebox nuc n3000 for use as a media center. And when I fond out that it dosent supportere HD audio you can say I was disapointed.....

Do any of you know if theres a way to make it support HD SOUND? I run win 7 but have acsess to win 10 if that makes thigs easier. Connected to a pioneer sclx86 Who supports hd audio.
run fritsch's Intel-EGL build of OpenELEC, which is optimized for the Braswell SoC (standard OpenELEC 6.0 isn't) and you will have full HD audio capabilities; there's no way to do so under Windows until/unless Intel decides to add the capability to their Windows drivers.

download from: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2051116
Tank you.
I se theres a link for befinner, I dont have any experience with openelec, can I Just run the filer from the link or is theres any mote I need to do?
Beginner it was ment to be. ...damn norwegian autocorrect....
download the image version (.img.gz), then create the installation media following the instructions on OpenELEC's site.
Yep - there is no Windows support for HD Audio bitstreaming on the Braswell Celerons as used in the Beebox N300 (at the moment at least) as Intel don't have suitable drivers (probably something to do with a Protected Audio Path, but I may be wrong), so you need to use a Linux-based build, like OpenElec. The experimental OE built are definitely worth trying - as they have the best video quality too.

Longer term, Windows builds of Kodi should include HD Audio lossless decoding, and as the Braswell, I believe, supports 5.1 and 7.1 PCM output at up to 192kHz, you will, in future, get lossless HD Audio decoded in Kodi and output to your amp. The DTS-HD MA and Dolby True HD lights won't come on, and you won't get Atmos or DTS:X, but you will get a very good HD Audio result. This is already working on the Raspberry Pi 2 builds (though they are limited to 96kHz PCM at 5.1/7.1) Windows builds should already have Dolby True HD decoding, so it's just a case of when the DTS HD-MA/HRA code is included. It may be already in some builds.
Thans for the answersSmile
I have been reading alot about this today and Ill try to install both win 7 and openelec so I can use win 7 for downloading etc and openelec for media playing.
This Linux OS i completely unknown for me so I have a thing or two to learn about itSmile
Hi!
I've went through this process this week, also have windows installed but migrate to lubuntu due to hd audio issue.
Because I also need full-desktop environment (web browser, jdownloader etc) according to fritsch advices I installed lubuntu with some modifications. Now I'm testing this platform especially to compare hd audio decoding by AV vs audio decoding by Kodi. Let you know about the result when complete some audience for testing Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD audio with Intel n3000?0