v15 Need help with custom settings.xml location
Hello this is my first time i have needed to ask anything round these parts but here goes and before you ask i have searched and tested loads of forums and python code..

so my issue is i want an addon to NOT use the settings.xml from resources but from a different location like /userdat/addon_data/plugin.video.addon/ i have tried everything to get this sun of gun to do it but it just dont happen the addon either doesnt load or throws errors.. has this been done already? if so where is the code to change the settings.xml location? and is there any guide/info on it anywhere which i already havent looked...

Thanks in advance

Rob
well, kodi *does* save the settings.xml file to /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.addon/
so i think i don't really understand what you're trying to achieve...

could you please elaborate on what exactly you're trying to accomplish?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ok here goes i am goint to use iptvstalker official latest version for example.. when the addon is installed the settings.xml is in /addons/plugin.video.stalker/resources/ and not in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.stalker/

the stalker addon gets all its settings from /addons/plugin.video.stalker/resources if i move the settings.xml out of this folder the addon does not run and i put the settings.xml in /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.stalker/ it does not run? so what i am trying to say is how would i point the addon to get its settings.xml from /userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.stalker/ or other custom location??
We don't support stalker whatever piracy junk
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
its not for support with stalker i just used it as an example i am making my own Movie addon and was just asking for help so could i please be marked unsolved and maybe get some help?
Thank you..
nope, not possible. the settings.xml file needs to be included with the addon
and the path is hardcoded to addon.id/resources/settings.xml
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
but there are addons out there which have the settings.xml in the userdat directoryHuh i am totally baffled.
(2015-11-06, 00:15)W4RDY Wrote: but there are addons out there which have the settings.xml in the userdat directoryHuh i am totally baffled.

the one in the resources folder defines the available settings and possible values for each setting.
the one in the userdata folder are the actual settings values as selected by the user once he's configured the addon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help with custom settings.xml location0