• 3(current)
Android KODI is not getting the same IP as the Host
Post # 19 indicated that it's purely cosmetic. If you don't know what it is then feel free to dig in.
I have the same issue on my Fire TV box (2nd gen). KODI worked for weeks, then began failing to access any SMB shares for video. I've tried modifying my library to use the name of the share (e.g., smb://server.domain.ext/share) as well as the IP address of the share (e.g., smb://192.168.1.100/share) with no success. However, KODI continues to successfully access the MySQL instance that hosts its library via TCP, and continues to successfully access music via SMB shares. It appears to be a video library-only problem. KODI seems to be displaying the IP address for the Fire TV's p2p-p2p0-0 interface, not its eth0 interface. I don't know if that's an indication of the problem or not. Since KODI can access music and MySQL correctly, it seems like the IP address display isn't necessarily the issue. It may just be displaying the address of the wrong interface, but still using the correct interface for SMB music shares and TCP access to MySQL. Does anyone know how to tell what network interface KODI is using for accessing media from the video library? That might help lead to a solution.
I think I may have solved this issue. I rebuilt the shared video library (shared via MySql) on a Windows PC by removing the old SMB share source, cleaning the library, then adding a new SMB source using the Zeroconf browser in KODI. I then copied not only the Windows PC's advancedsettings.xml file to the Fire TV boxes' userdata folder, but also its sources.xml file. After that, the Fire TV boxes can now access the SMB shares that they could not access before.
I have this problem too. I have a new AFTV, loaded Kodi no problem a few days ago.

My problem is Kodi won't connect to my NFS share. I have Kodi on a PC and it can connect to the NFS share.

My Kodi IP also says 192.168.49.1 as some other posters have reported.

All networking is setup correctly everywhere I believe. The AFTV has updated itself and everything works fine with it.

To add something new to this problem, I ran a WiFi analyzer on my tablet and the AFTV has a wireless network running.

This is what I believe Kodi is using instead of the interface connected to my network WAP.

Hope that helps guys. I love this app and hope you get it fixed.
I have an AFTV1 and an AFTV2 and the AFTV2 has this issue. I stupidly thought it was a difference in the Kernel and now after some searching it seems to be an issue with the WIFI remote. For some reason either the AFTV is making Kodi use the P2P WIFI or Kodi is automatically using it. I am a mere user and do not understand code or development so have no clue as to where to start to try and resolve this issue. That being said I find it odd that the OP issue was not with AFTV and it was resolved with WIFI connection.

Doxe
(2015-11-17, 00:46)Koying Wrote: As said earlier, this is purely cosmetic. If you have a network issue, it's unrelated to this. Kodi does nothing to your device network setup.

Blush ok, it seems to be just cosmetic in most (all) cases. I had a strange situation with tvheadend. As my tvheadend server is running on a raspi2 I typically connect to that server with the name (tvh.local) and not the IP adress. I was not able to do this with Kodi or SMPC from fireTV. When changing to the IP adress in the pvr addon it worked. maybe thats a network issue related to that - dont know but just wanted to mention it here. ;-)
rebuilding ....
(2016-05-10, 15:46)krijeck Wrote: maybe thats a network issue related to that - dont know but just wanted to mention it here. ;-)

Nope. That's an issue with your LAN router DNS.
(2016-05-10, 15:51)Koying Wrote:
(2016-05-10, 15:46)krijeck Wrote: maybe thats a network issue related to that - dont know but just wanted to mention it here. ;-)

Nope. That's an issue with your LAN router DNS.

ok? on my other Kodi installations I can put tvh.local and it works. ... but does not matter .... was just an input as said " ... I thought ... "
thanks
rebuilding ....
I have same exact problem here.. My Kodi IP also says 192.168.49.1. I've tried both Wired & Wireless connection, and verified that this IP address is not registered from my DHCP address pool on my router.

My Amazon FTV Stick it's working as expected that the IP address from FTV stick and Kodi are the same.
Has anyone got pass this cosmetic issue and found away for yatse and other applications to find kodi instance with the "incorrect" 192.168.49.1 ip address?
Sad 
Pfff, what a thread, Confused ...

So before somebody already thinks about an alien invasion by flying saucers from Rockwell, I might clear things up a bit:

Has anybody ever considered the not-so-far-away idea that the amazon box is using a sandbox for "external" apps like kodi?

Of course, such a sandbox gets a seperate tunneled and filtered network interface like gifX or something.

And 192.168.49.1 is just one endpoint of such a tunnel.

These addresses never show up in the real LAN (you can even install many firetv boxes in the same LAN, ALL of them will get 192.168.49.1) like your router translates your internal IPs via NAT to the internet, this tunnel does the same inside the amazon box.

So it is neither plainly cosmetic, nor can Kodi show any info from outside the sandbox, it just sees this limited environment. Wink

And, before somebody asks again: NO: you cannot reach that kodi from the outside. Like your router only passes packets from the internet that are defined with "portforwarding", the tunnel does the same. And, of course, Amazon does not allow you to configure it Big Grin

Hint for the Kodi Developers here: forget it Big Grin Sure, you could implement some stuff like skype or other programs do to pass closed firewalls, but it wont be worth the efford. Even if you manage to open a root shell from Kodi, you would still only be in a sandbox and see things what Amazon allows you to see. And modifications you do there also would only last, as long as they like it.

I think this was done because they wanted to ensure that no "foreign" application ever can do "bad things" inside of the box, so they will always have full control over it.
That's not the issue here. There is no network sandbox on the Fire TV.
(2016-07-01, 17:17)Ned Scott Wrote: That's not the issue here. There is no network sandbox on the Fire TV.

Sorry, you better look a bit closer:
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:5555 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:53 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 192.168.49.1:53 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:1694 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 192.168.0.21:5555 192.168.0.42:60278 ESTABLISHED
tcp 0 1 192.168.0.21:51688 192.168.41.254:49152 SYN_SENT
tcp 0 0 192.168.0.21:41577 88.221.117.24:80 ESTABLISHED
udp 0 0 127.0.0.1:53 0.0.0.0:* CLOSE
udp 0 0 192.168.49.1:53 0.0.0.0:* CLOSE

There is obviously only a DNS channel "open" on the sandbox interface (LAN IP 192.168.0.21).

and here we can name the tunnel:
Iface Destination Gateway Flags RefCnt Use Metric Mask MTU Window IRTT
eth0 00000000 0300A8C0 0003 0 0 208 00000000 0 0 0
eth0 0000A8C0 00000000 0001 0 0 208 00FFFFFF 0 0 0
p2p-p2p0-0 0031A8C0 00000000 0001 0 0 0 00FFFFFF 0 0 0

the last entry is the peer to peer tunnel to kodi. Delete the kodi app and it will be removed.
Install another app and you will get p2p-p2p0-1 added here (new sandbox)
(btw: 0031A8C0 read backwards and more decimal gives 192.168.49.0)

the only funny question left is "what happens if the firetv box is really attached to a lan using 192.168.49? Big Grin.

Will it automatically move the internal tunnel, or will it simply fail miserably?
Maybe someday I will test it out
(2016-07-01, 18:12)Mamba123 Wrote: the last entry is the peer to peer tunnel to kodi.

The what? Wink

See https://developer.android.com/guide/topi...fip2p.html and https://android.googlesource.com/platfor...l.java#231

It's the static address of the Wifi direct server. Punt.
@Mamba123

As people keep saying, 192.168.49.1 is the wifi direct address, used for things like the newer AFTV remote and game controller. Real network traffic, from file shares or remote control apps, don't use that. Kodi incorrectly displays that direct IP in the about/info views, but that is just a cosmetic issue. It has no impact on functionality. Any network issues that people are having are most likely unrelated to 192.168.49.1.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI is not getting the same IP as the Host0