AMT plays trailer for 1 sec then kicks back out to trailer list
I am running the 2-1-07 T3CH build and when I launch the AMT script to watch a movie, it will play for a split second then jump back to the trailer list.

If I then go into My Videos, in the Library View, there will be a generic icon that, if played, launches the trailer stream which plays as it should.

I have looked to see where the links to these streams are being left to show up in the My Videos section but haven't had much luck.

Has anyone else seen this behavior and if so, is there a fix? I went to xbmcscripts.com and followed the link listed for AMT which is:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-scripting/

but I couldn't find any additional info.
are you trying to play them in 1080i, if so drop down to 720p.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
I'm not sure how to drop down to 720p - the TV is a CRT based HDtv that can do 480p or 1080i. I have the resolution setting in the Appearance setting set to 480p and have the resolution setting in the My Videos setting set to Best Available.

And I apologize, I just realized that I posted in the Python Script Development section instead of the Python Scripts Support and Requests.
Nuka1195,

Nevermind, I figured out what you meant and have changed the setting in AMT to stream medium quality trailers and it is working now.

Thanks for the info and a neat script!
That's not what i meant, but if it works.

In video settings instead of best available, choose 480p and play the high quality trailers. Do they look better than the medium quality trailers played at best available (1080i)?
I'll test your recommendations tonight and let you know what I find out.
Nuka1195,

I changed the video settings to 480p and streamed the trailers set to high and they played just fine. However, the quality did not seem any better to me than when played on medium. Another side effect of changing the video setting to 480p was when playing a DVD from a vob file, the video seemed smaller than normal. In other words, a 16x9 video only filled the middle 1/4 of the screen albeit all the way to the sides. However, when I switched the setting back to Best Available and played the video, it switched to 1080i and filled the screen more vertically. Either way, I am back up and running.

Slightly separate issue/question. On occasion, I come across a trailer that causes the xbox to lock up before it starts to play - the screen goes black and then the machine locks up. For instance, in the Family genre, the movie "Because of Winn-Dixie" consistently causes the lockup. Is this an issue of the trailer server? Just wondering if it is something on my side.
Quote:Slightly separate issue/question. On occasion, I come across a trailer that causes the xbox to lock up before it starts to play - the screen goes black and then the machine locks up. For instance, in the Family genre, the movie "Because of Winn-Dixie" consistently causes the lockup. Is this an issue of the trailer server? Just wondering if it is something on my side.

If this was an issue with database access, (marking a video watched) It
may be fixed. What version are running. 0.93.5. I don't think 93.5 would be affected, but it's been a while.

I would suggest grabbing the latest tagged version (0.95.1). Your update button should work. Or I just committed a major change to the database layout, (pre-0.96) from SVN. Then see if it still does it.
Yes, the build I have is 0.93.5. I'll try the update button tonight. I had tried it a couple of days ago and it said it was up to date.

Out of curiousity, how does one retrieve it from SVN? The only thing I've done before with SVN are a couple of skins that are in beta.

Thanks again for the help.
Just a small update - I've updated to the newest version and it is playing the trailers without issue.

I've also done some digging and found the SVN and have downloaded it and will install it tonight.

Another issue I am seeing though and not sure how to fix. If I watch a trailer, it works fine. But once I reboot and go into My Videos, there are generic movie icons in my list of videos. They are the shortcuts to the trailer or trailers that I had previously viewed. If I select them, then the load and stream as they did in the script. Is this an expected behavior, and if so, is there a way to not have it happen? I verified that I do not have the trailers being saved to the HD in the settings. This is happening with both the 0.93.5 and the 0.95.1 versions.
It seems the resolution setting is often causing problems for people who do not know the restrictions. Isn't it possible to let the python script force the 480p setting before the trailer is started? Can a script give the resolution as a parameter to mplayer?
In that way, we would not have to change settings between playing a DVD at 1080i or AMT at 480p.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMT plays trailer for 1 sec then kicks back out to trailer list0