More features in the video and music section
Big Grin 
I think that it would be cool to integrate the apple trailer and information in the movie section of xbmc, into the library function, make it so selected movies have all the info on the side. instead of having to download info from imdb individually. Also for TV shows, i dunno.
  • ESRB rating
  • Info about story
  • screen shots that slide show
  • date it was made
  • Reviews by others
  • maybe an online rental place if you don't have it

It would all be there, click a movie, it brings all the info and starts playing the trailer on the screen, and asks if you want to
  • play movie
  • continue movie
  • add movie to playlist
  • add trailer to playlist
  • Theater environment on/off (plays a select number of movie trailers and some basic clips like "turn off cell phones" before playing a "now for our feature presentation" and "sound test" then the movie.)
  • TV environment on/off (plays the movie/show for a select number of minutes or a fraction like 1/5 of the movie/show then when the movie/show reaches a couple frames of silence and solid blackness it pauses the movie/show plays 3-5 minutes of clips then returns to the movie/show)
  • view related content
  • view similar material
  • buy products (merchandise or something)

Toggle between genre and search actors, toggle movies that you have and don't have.

hmmm could this be incorporated into a skin to bypass the xbmc video and music browser?

also with skin development do you have to use the video and music sections or could you make your own, like mc360, have a blade for music, instead of having to traverse the menus?

if so any good skinning tutorials?

I dont know im just kinda ranting, reply if you think any ideas i have are alright.

I'm sure all this could be done in a python script, i have a similar idea for programs and emulators but most all the emulators don't support executing with arguments why cant people develop programs that all run with no gui and all the editing of the settings are done through xbmc and a couple xml files.
Exclamation 
Not all bad ideas but please respect and follow the forum rules (fifth commandment in this case)!
Quote:The 10 commandments, thou shall make the effort to follow these sacrifices before posting:

1. Fully read the FAQ, both the questions and the answers, (and follow all the guidelines)!
2. Do your best to search and read the online-wiki-manual, (it can help in most situations)!
3. Search all forums from the beginning!
4. Re-read and follow the FAQ before reporting any bugs!, provide all details/information!
5. Respect that only one issue/subject per thread is allowed! Again, search for existing first!
6. Don't report more than one bug or one request per topic! Again, search for existing first!
7. Don't discuss (or link to any) pirated, shared movies, music, pictures, retail software, etc!
8. Don't ask for or link to any illegal (or 'gray') copies of copyrighted materials in any form!
9. Don't ask how to get or copy/backup games, videos, music, (even if you own the original)!
10. Don't ask for or link to Xbox binaries or executables compiled with MS Xbox SDK (XDK)!
This forum would be a mess if everyone posted every single idea they have in just one topic-thread.

Please also note down the guide-lines/recommendations from the FAQ when submitting feature and function suggestions/requests:
Quote:Question: Where can I suggest/request a new feature or function to be implemented into XBMC?
Answer: You can log a NEW feature/function request in our RFE Request Feature Tracking System, (you must register and be logged-in on SourceForge.net before you can do this). Just make sure that you first remember to search for existing "Feature Requests" before logging a new request! You should take note that we guesstimate that 99% of all new requests XBMC users post have already been requested before so it is imperative that you search thoroughly! You may also post a copy of your suggestion in the feature-suggestion section of our community-forums if you want it open for discussion, however, again you must search there too before you can post, (we do not enjoy reorganising duplicate posts). Please respect that your request only counts as a suggestion, there' s no guarantee that it will implemented soon or ever. Known that almost all users think their own ideas is the most important, and a very common comment is: "if you only add these features then XBMC will be perfect for me". Note! Only one feature per RFE Request and Forum Thread is allowed (for easier manageability).

PS! Quite are few features/functions what you suggested is already supported in XBMC and many others features/functions have already been requests/suggestion, please search the online-manual (wiki) as well as this Feature Suggestion Forum and the Feature Request Tracker on SourceForge.net
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Wink 
...by they way, most of those features/functions you suggested will probebely never be implemented into XBMC nativly, however in those cases they could still be added via pyhon-scripts (that you and others 'non-developers' can put together yourselves), ...also note that a few of those ideas you have already available via existing python scripts, look for example at the "Kaleidascrape" script (search the Python Scripts Support and Requests and the Python Scripts Development forums)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
rolyataylor2 Wrote:[*]TV environment on/off (plays the movie/show for a select number of minutes or a fraction like 1/5 of the movie/show then when the movie/show reaches a couple frames of silence and solid blackness it pauses the movie/show plays 3-5 minutes of clips then returns to the movie/show)

Ads on XBMCHuh? Oh, no!!! :p No, really, this are really good interesting ideas (Theather environment is a little surrealist, maybe), but if you were here at Spain you wouldn't suggest this (we can have up to 15 minutes of ads before the final 5 minutes of movie just to f*ck you...).

Maybe a good idea would be integrate an option to automatically launch a script you want when you launch a movie (it's said, a video file of more of x mb...). This could be useful so one could make an X10 phyton script to go out the lights and other similar things.
sry I didn't read the faq... my bad.

I'll have to check out those python scripts, they sound pretty cool...
Laugh
thanks for the replies Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
More features in the video and music section0