Help with creating a script that start batch files on a PC?
Hey guys
I have some batch files on my pc that i want to be able to start remotely from my xbox (xbmc). Any suggestions how to do this? The batch file starts a program on my computer that starts a tv channel stream
at least one option I am personally familiar with is using Apache HTTP server + PHP. PHP is capable of executing console stuff on the host system, and thus could be used to trigger the batch. On the XBMC side, I'm not 100% how you'd make the server actually serve up the PHP document.
Perhaps by enclosing its URL inside a STRM file?
like:
http://192.168.0.1/yourdoc.php

Apache is not really for the novice user since its a full blown webserver. That said, there are several good guides to getting it installed and running, and if you're behind a proper firewall and configure it correctly then having it on your system doesn't cause any undue security risk.

I'm actually curious if this will work, as I can think of some stuff I would like to maybe run "from the couch" as it were. I am pretty good at Windows Batch scripting, so this will be neat if it works. Will report back later.
Catchy Signature Here
yea could be possible, i'll do some more research if there is a way to do it without haveing to install a apache, keep me updated on how its going for u

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with creating a script that start batch files on a PC?0