v15 Help about Genre Icons
Hi,

where can i find the Skin Folders on my Raspberry...i find some folders (Windows Share) but not the Skin folders to put
Genre Incos in.

can someone give me a tip please....

Regards
Gerhard
Depends on your Distribution (Raspbian, OSMC, OpenELEC etc.) - you didn't mention that so we have no idea either.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Depends on the Skin (not the Distro) doesn't it ?

eg. Aeon Nox Genre Icons ... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=141714
Well, it depends on both to be honest - OpenELEC for instance has a built-in skin (Confluence) which is in the read-only part of the system and then there are user-installed skins that are elsewhere. Modifying the Confluence skin - assuming that's the skin the OP is using, we don't really know - in OpenELEC is more involved than it would be with other distributions, so knowing the distribution would be helpful to say the least.

Then again the OP may be trying to modify a third-party skin which will be found in ~/.kodi/addons, but if we told them that at the outset and it then turned out they were looking for Confluence in OpenELEC they'd be even more confused...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@all

The OS is OpenELEC...and when i want to use this genre icon on the build in skin Confluence - what must i do

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=141714

must i edit the samba config file to view all folder/files on my windows share?

Regards
Gerhard
@SeVreN2013: See? Wink

(2015-11-14, 07:23)Gerdkr Wrote: The OS is OpenELEC...and when i want to use this genre icon on the build in skin Confluence - what must i do

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=141714

must i edit the samba config file to view all folder/files on my windows share?

Regards
Gerhard

So do you want to modify the genre icons in Confluence, or do you want to use the icons from Confluence in another skin (you've linked to a thread about Aeon Nox)?

If you want to modify Confluence in OpenELEC you first need to copy the entire skin and change it's addon-id: details here but replace "/.xbmc/" with "/.kodi/" in the instructions as they're a little old now.

Once you've copied Confluence you can modify the new skin to your hearts content. To access it you'll need ssh or sftp.

You could access the new skin via Samba if you add the addons folder to your samba config:
Code:
cp /etc/samba/smb.conf /storage/.config/samba.conf
then add an addons section to the file:
Code:
[Addons]
  path = /storage/.kodi/addons
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes
and reboot - you should now be able to access your addons folder using Samba (you'll find the file /storage/.config/samba.conf in the "Configfiles" Samba folder).
so, i use now WinSCP and i have no problems jet about the "hidden" Folders..
Genre icons for my favorite Skins are working now.

Thanks for help
Gerhard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help about Genre Icons0