Show originaltitle (international original movie title) of movies in an extra field?
Hi ...

I haven't chosen anything on IMDB ... and here it says "Sjö" for me:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114369/
- I'm NOT logged in, on IMDB ... I know I can login and change my preferences so it won't display the Icelandic titles, but how would I fix that in XBMC ?! I'm not logged in on IMDB using XBMC

What is this "aka site" ? The IMDB scraper ... is probably NOT using this "aka" site ... because it says "Sjö" in my XBMC. I'm using Icelandic as my language in XBMC, but I've NOT chosen "use alternitive scraper for other languages" or whatever the option is in XBMC ...

What are these scrapers attached in this thread !? Are they supposed to fix this ...

Rgd,
Lord02
Go to your source, bring up the context menu, choose "Set Content" and go into scraper settings (as you probably did before) and select "Keep Original" as "Preferred Title Language from".

But since the default is "Keep Original", you probably went through all these and changed it to "Iceland".
nm
Hi,

I'm in the "Set Content" for the movies folder ...
But I don't see this "Keep Original" nor this "Preferred Title Language From" ?!
Where are these options ....

My current selected scraper is "IMDB (English)"
And The Option I have Below are:

"Run Automated Scan"
"Use folder names for lookups"
"Scan recursively"
"Selected folder contains a single video"
"Exclude path from library updates"

Where do you see these two options you mentioned !?
Can you send me a screenshot of these two options ... I can't find them !?
Using v9.11 of Confluence ... I'll switch to Dharma when they go FINAL after the beta3

Kind regards,
Lord02
Confluence skin is not available in 9.11 Camelot, so don't wonder why we haven't understood you.

So you're on 9.11 Camelot. (Actually you should see also a very hidden settings button on that screen, but the above mentioned option is not exist on the Camelot version of the scraper).

Yes, IMDb scraper is broken there due to IMDb changed its layout since then.

You have 3 options:
- switch to tmdb scraper
- switch to Dharma
- fix the scraper, but we won't lead your hand on this with a step-by-step how-to. Check the 4th post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81643

But this fix is actually a kind of half arsed solution.
Hi,

This is the version I'm using, v.9.11:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/fi...p/download

I've already fixed the scraper for IMDB ... by downloading the update after the layout changes at IMDB ... but that's NOT the problem I'm talking about in this Thread. That fix had to with the title's not being displayed at all ( just blanco ).
I fixed the blank-title with this, from the post you mentioned ...

$ sudo su
# cd /usr/share/xbmc/system/scrapers/video/
# mv imdb.xml imdb.xml.old
# wget http://xbmchuscraper.googlecode.com/svn/...t/imdb.xml

But I'm having problem with the "Alternitive title" ... I'm getting the Icelandic title ( if they've been translated on the IMDB site ) but I want the ENGLISH ONLY titles ... so please help if you have a fix for THAT :-)

Is this option in the Dharma version only, or can this be fixed in the 9.11 version I'm using ?

Please help,
Lord02

p.s. I already switched to the tmdb as that won't get the ICELANDIC ( Alternitive Titles ) as the new IMDB does ...
- But I like the IMDB scraper better ... it get's more of the movies correct. I want to use IMDB, but with ENGLISH ONLY titles ... not the translated Icelandic titles.- Any way to do this ?!
Hmmm.. interesting...

No, Camelot version of IMDb scraper is not supported any more.
I don't clearly see how this can happen btw...

http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0114369/combined

What do you see here as a title?
Hi,

I see the correct title on this **akas** site ... Se7en, but when I use the plain old imdb.com I see "Sjö" ( which is the Icelandic translation ! Which I do NOT want ). Can I use this "AKAS" in front of the URL in the Scraper Huh
Will I have to modify the URL's path in the scraper's imdb.xml !?

So is this "Camelot" ?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xbmc/fil...p/download

I just refer to this as version 9.11

Is IMDB not supported in this ... the LATEST official release of XBMC ?!
There's nothing newer than this ... except for the BETA of Dharma

I need to use the "ENGLISH ONLY" title for movies ... not the Icelandic translated titles .... please help

rgd,
Lord02
First of all, let's stop whining and using capital letters, otherwise this will be the last post you see from me!

Secondly IMDb changed its layout since the latest official XBMC and there is no easy way of updating the scrapers (that will change in Dharma) yes it's broken and all our efforts are going into Dharma and not backporting fixes into 9.11 what we can't update.

The scraper fix you downloaded already using akas.imdb.com that's the reason why I don't understand why you are having other titles than the original title.

So you are rather using 9.11 Camelot (the latest official version) with a broken scraper than XBMC 10.0 Dharma Beta3 which is actually stable already.
It was your decision. ... but you have an other (better) choice!
hehe ... OK olympia, easy now ... easy now

I'm downloading Dharma, BETA 3 now ... will try that out :-)

I'll keep you posted ... do you have an estimated release date for the final version of Dharma ?

Kind regards,
Lord02
Hi again ...

Installed Dharma Beta 3 ....

I only get one movie scraper out-of-the-box with Dharma Beta3 ... Called "TheMovieDb" ... there's no IMDB scraper available ?
This TheMovieDb scraper got me the English-title ( I see now ... there's a new option for the scraper ... "Language" which is default as "en" )

How do I get the IMDB scraper for Dharma 3 ?

*** update *** I downloaded the IMDB scraper from inside the XBMC ... and set it to use "USA / International" in the settings for the IMDB scraper ... works like a CHARM now !!!! :-) :-)
Dharma 3 rocks

p.s. finally, as a bonus of installing Dharma 3 ... I get the option to ouput 1280 x 720 @ 50HZ by default :-)
I don't have to run any manual scan programs to get the ETA or whatever it's called ... to get the framerate of the TV etc ... and manually customize an XML file to output the correct framerate/resolution :-)
Hi, Could you add support for two titles for each movie? The original title and the locale title.
So you could have "despicable me" as the original title and also "mi villano favorito" as the spanish title.
I understand that for most of you this is really not a big of a feature but it would be great for us that speak a foreing language to have.
Where would you show the translated title? Scrapers would need to be modified I guess.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I understand, and I don't mean for titles to be automatically retrieved, something simple, maybe allowing me to set the alternative title manually, so if I search for either title it will retrieve the same movie. Or choose to display alternative title or original. Scraping would be great but I guess manually setting is ok too.
Of course if I'm the only one requesting this feature is not worth it but I hope other people consider this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show originaltitle (international original movie title) of movies in an extra field?0