Show originaltitle (international original movie title) of movies in an extra field?
Lightbulb 
I've got a few foreign movies (and I'm sure I'm not the only one), and am thinking there must be a better name than renaming them manually.

The titles get found on IMDB just fine, eg "Run Lola Run.avi" finds "Lola Rennt" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130827/) which is correct. But I would prefer to keep the English title in my Library view.

Would it be possible to parse the "Also Known As" area on the IMDB page and offer a selection list of all the alternate titles? Instead of re-typing the name you just pick the one you want from the list when you Edit Title.

I'll have a crack at doing this myself if no-one else has, but I haven't tried installing the XDK yet.

Cheers,
Nick
Great idea. I have the same problem as well. Movies like Crouching tiger hidden dragon, Jet Li's fearless, even the Never-ending story have foreign names. Would be nice to keep the english name.
Feel free to mod the imdb scraper to do so. There is an "Original Title" field as well as a "Title" field now that you can utilize.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Am I correct in observing that the IMDB scraper doesn't yet support alternate/"aka" titles for foreign films?
Isn't there a setting in scraper settings for it? I'm not sure if it bothers filling the original title field though.

C-Quel would be the one in the know.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Isn't there a setting in scraper settings for it? I'm not sure if it bothers filling the original title field though.
There is a setting for "Input Alternative IMDb Source" ... but I haven't found anything integrating the alternate names, via preference or manual selection.
This feature has also been discussed in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30691

Hopefully this feature can make it in soon.
Wazee Wrote:This feature has also been discussed in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30691

Hopefully this feature can make it in soon.

Hmm has there been any updates to this - I'd also love to see an English title field as well as the original title field so I can work out what it is I'm looking at in my library.

I've left a comment in the Mediastream skin thread about hopefully adding this to the skin as well.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8010
ventech Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8010

this is serious stuff folks, this could make xbmc actually detect ghost in the shell

this should be a default localization feature. it doesn't matter what language you use. xbmc should let you see movie names in your language.

thank you for your contribution ventech, is there any more you would like to say, like how to use these files (I tried and it doesn't seem to make a difference)

edit: you have to change the new "enable english titles" options in the set content scraper settings of a new source
I think I'm being a bit stupid!

I've managed to update the scrapers which now have the 'Enable English titles' setting. However, when this is selected the movies that are scanned have no title displayed in the library at all Sad

Am I missing something really obvious?
1. Maybe you forgot to update common/imdb.xml
2. Did you apply the patch on latest version from repository? don't use the other files. they're not updated.
3. Tell which movies didn't work.
Lightbulb 
What do you think to add a new field in video information screen to show the original movie title? As workaround, I keep the title translated and poster image with original title, but would be perfect to just see this extra information stored in library.

Thanks.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
I would like to have something similar: the option to choose whether the <title> or the <originaltitle> is displayed in video library mode.

And not only for movies, but for tv shows as well. Currently there is no <originaltitle> field in the tvshow.nfo files.
tinybutstrong Wrote:What do you think to add a new field in video information screen to show the original movie title? As workaround, I keep the title translated and poster image with original title, but would be perfect to just see this extra information stored in library.

Thanks.

the original title is already stored in the xbmc database.
and unless i'm mistaken, Confluence will also show it in the video information dialog.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show originaltitle (international original movie title) of movies in an extra field?0