New Script: YouTube2
Create a skinHuh MeHuh Well I suppose I could always try Laugh

I will post a pic tonight of what goes wrong when I run it under xTV, just for reference.

Thanks,

mj
Me again,

Just posting a pic of what I get when running the new Youtube Script using the xTV skin.

It should be noted that this happens on both my xbox's. One is set to 4:3, the other 16:9. It should also be noted that the script runs perfectly under PMIII.

mj

just copy the skin/default to skin/xtv and change 'default' to 'xtv' in default.py
then start editing the skin.xml file until you're satisfied, you can find info on the wiki how to do this. and other scripts like AMT uses the same skinning engine so you could always have a look at their diffrent skins.
Thanks. I notice that there is also a later version of xTV out, so I will give that a try also.

mj
The last snapshot of the script works with all skins now. Works in the sense that it provides the PM3 textures and uses them in the default skin. To get a version of this script that matches your specific Skin you have to create it on your own.
oh, and i will release a new version of the script any day now so if you wait a couple of days you could just grab it from xbmcscripts.com installer.
Cool. Thanks for the update.

mj
I'm using mc360 and guibuilder is properly building the interface. The only issue I'm having is that unselected text is white as is selected text. I've tried updating the content list section of the XML with the following, but the selected text is still white. Any ideas?
Code:
<textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>
<selectedcolor>FF000000</selectedcolor>
Would it be possible to add a Favorites feature to the YouTube script? I'm guessing it would just save the URL and title of the page to a text file or something of the sort. Is that possible? I'm sorry if this has already been asked.

Aaron
Sorry for the double post, but just to clarify, when I said add a Favorites section I didn't mean a Favorites of Youtube section as I think there is already one. I just wanted to know if a bookmarking feature and section was possible.
Yeah. Just register a YouTube account and you will be able to add favorites to your profile. I will not support local favorites as there is no point in that when you can just as easily use your online favorites. However, I will do something to improve the user browsing, so you can easily browse your home profile for example. More on that later.
szsori Wrote:I'm using mc360 and guibuilder is properly building the interface. The only issue I'm having is that unselected text is white as is selected text. I've tried updating the content list section of the XML with the following, but the selected text is still white. Any ideas?
Code:
<textcolor>FFFFFFFF</textcolor>
<selectedcolor>FF000000</selectedcolor>

Sorry, I don't know much about skinning. Maybe nuka[0-9]{4} can elaborate on that.
with a list control? if so selected color isn't supported in python anyways, but.

if it's for a button, then, dsvensson will need to update guibuilder or uncomment:

Code:
#font=control['font'], textColor=control['textcolor'], focusedColor=control['focusedcolor'], disabledColor=control['disabledcolor'], alignment=control['align'],\
and comment the following
Code:
font=control['font'], textColor=control['textcolor'], disabledColor=control['disabledcolor'], alignment=control['align'],\
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
I believe it's a list control. It's the list of movies on the right that won't show which is highlighted, not the buttons on the menu to the left. If selected color isn't supported on a list control, what are the options for marking something as selected?
Nuka1195 Wrote:with a list control? if so selected color isn't supported in python anyways, but.

if it's for a button, then, dsvensson will need to update guibuilder or uncomment:

Ah, I guess it's time to update then. Been holding that back since everything seemed to work. I'll have a look at dropping in a new version of guibuilder today then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Script: YouTube20