New Script: YouTube2
I'm about to put out a new release any day now. Somebody contributed with the skin Slate a while back. I don't know how to contact this person so unless someone updates that skin it will not be distributed with this release. I welcome other skinners to write their own skins for this script. Always nice for users when things just work<tm>. At least the fallback is in place now.
Just released version 0.93 of the script. It'll probably pop up at xbmcscripts.com within the hours.
Something seems to have gotten wrong, the new version was uploaded correctly, and can be downloaded from the page, but isn't on the 'recently updated' list.

Here is the url to it.
Youtube 2 vs MC60'S Youtube

YOUTUBE 2: Can view all searched videos even from a user. Crashes sometimes. Background colour and highlight colour are merge making it hard to select a video
MC60'S YOUTUBE: background & highlight colour are different makin it easy to pick a video. Can't display all search results even search result from a user account
xino Wrote:Youtube 2 vs MC60'S Youtube

YOUTUBE 2: Can view all searched videos even from a user. Crashes sometimes. Background colour and highlight colour are merge making it hard to select a video
MC60'S YOUTUBE: background & highlight colour are different makin it easy to pick a video. Can't display all search results even search result from a user account

When does YouTube2 crash? Could you provide the log message found in xbmc.log or xbmc.old.log.

About it being hard to select videos, there is no MC360 skin, feel free to contribute one.
I really like this script thanks for coding it. I just have two questions about it.

Is there a way for it to remember the User favorites so that I dont have to type it every time?

Is there a way for it to list all the User favorites and not just the last 9?
Citrus Wrote:I really like this script thanks for coding it. I just have two questions about it.

Is there a way for it to remember the User favorites so that I dont have to type it every time?

Is there a way for it to list all the User favorites and not just the last 9?

I'm going to figure out some nice way of handling user views. I'm thinking maybe have a popup where you choose from your "home" user, or to enter one, and then you browse the same person in the users menu.

The problem with not listing all favorites is a limitation in the youtube rss feeds. I think they are going to add listing favorites to their webservice api instead, and then you should be able to browse all the pages of your favorites list. Just need to figure out a good way to handle diffrent pages too. If you have any ideas on how to handle a prev/next functionality in the user interface/controller, let me know.
just tried YouTube2 0.93 -- does not work on XBMC build 3/17

Menu works, loads the list from YouTube but starting a video does nothing.

Other streaming scripts work just fine, I checked a few others.

XBMC log does not give any hints that I can see.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I can't reach t3ch for the moment so I can't check with 3/17 yet. Try figure out what goes wrong, there is some verbose debug logging you can turn on some way, check the xbmc forums.

and the other scripts you tried, do they also play video clips using the Flash Video codec?

Also, try downloading a flash video file from youtube and try playing it in xbmc from disk.

There are various ways of downloading a flash video file, aptitude install youtube-dl if you happen to use a debian based linux distribution, otherwise google can probably help you find some way.
dsvensson Wrote:When does YouTube2 crash? Could you provide the log message found in xbmc.log or xbmc.old.log.

About it being hard to select videos, there is no MC360 skin, feel free to contribute one.
mine own youtube 2, as same background as the highlighing scroll txt. Perphas it might be the fault of the skin I am using:/

actually youtube2 doesn't crash...infact the xbox crashes when ever I am using a script:/
xino Wrote:actually youtube2 doesn't crash...infact the xbox crashes when ever I am using a script:/

That sounds more reasonable. Don't think I let any errors go unhandled now *crosses fingers*. Maybe you should try another build of XBMC if you're having problems with all scripts, and they result in XBMC crashes and not unhandled python exceptions? I'll soon start depending on very new XBMC snapshots as I start converting the gui to use WindowXML, so might be a good idea to update anyway. With some luck 03.17 has all the good stuff in it. Haven't checked yet.
I just thought I would let you know that this is working fine on the xTV Skin in both 4:3 and 16:9 formats.

Great work, thanks.

mj
dsvensson Wrote:That sounds more reasonable. Don't think I let any errors go unhandled now *crosses fingers*. Maybe you should try another build of XBMC if you're having problems with all scripts, and they result in XBMC crashes and not unhandled python exceptions? I'll soon start depending on very new XBMC snapshots as I start converting the gui to use WindowXML, so might be a good idea to update anyway. With some luck 03.17 has all the good stuff in it. Haven't checked yet.
anyway to download youtube vids?
xino Wrote:anyway to download youtube vids?

No, as I come from the land of teh fast Internets (Sweden), I don't have the need for that functionality, it's just a waste of hdd-space. But future versions will have the ability to download and keep, and the ability to just download to a temp-location and then play.

Perhaps even tomorrow if somebody contributes the code for it.
dsvensson Wrote:No, as I come from the land of teh fast Internets (Sweden), I don't have the need for that functionality, it's just a waste of hdd-space. But future versions will have the ability to download and keep, and the ability to just download to a temp-location and then play.

Perhaps even tomorrow if somebody contributes the code for it.
thats strange:/

in the MC60's Youtube. I found a folder inside my E:/Youtube_Downloads. :/
BUt I don't evn know how to download

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Script: YouTube20