v15 Vbox Plugin crashing on channel load
Hi,

I'm running Openelec 6.0 which comes with plugin version 1.3.8. After configuring the plugin when I try to enable TV in Settings->TV Kodi crashes and restarts on loading the channels. If I access the VBox directly channels show correctly. Vbox firmware is version 2.50.

Is anyone else having this problem? Happy to provide any logs etc. that would help in solving this.

Thanks,

R.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
My setup is not quite the same as you (Windows Kodi and Freeview VBox) but this issue rings a bell.

I experienced this when my VBox was set to the default of collecting 7 days of EPG data OTA - when the PlugIn was reading the EPG data it would stall so it appeared that Kodi had locked up. I ended up setting the VBox to 1 day EPG OTA data and used external XML EPG data instead.
I had stability issues with v1.3.8 of the plugin and found it much more stable in v1.3.9.

I think there is an issue with this update finding it's way to openelec which is being discussed here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=246312.
Thank you both. I'll try modify the EPG setting and see if that helps and post back here.

Hopefully OpenElec will update soon with the correct plugin version and resolve this.
One other piece of info. I had already tried a Kodi 16 beta and the issue persists so I'm thinking this is unrelated to the plugin version. Kodi 16 vbox plugin versions 2.x.x or greater.
(2015-11-17, 10:19)fryrpc Wrote: My setup is not quite the same as you (Windows Kodi and Freeview VBox) but this issue rings a bell.

I experienced this when my VBox was set to the default of collecting 7 days of EPG data OTA - when the PlugIn was reading the EPG data it would stall so it appeared that Kodi had locked up. I ended up setting the VBox to 1 day EPG OTA data and used external XML EPG data instead.

Unfortunately changing this did not help. Still crashes on the "Starting PVR Manager, loading channels from clients" dialog.
I've tried this on OSX and exactly the same crash occurs. OSX was kodi 15.2 with 1.3.9 of the plugin so definitely not the plugin version.
Also tried Kodibuntu and upgraded to 15.2. The plugin version is still 1.3.8. Doesn't make sense as I thought the 1.3.8 version problem was only on openelec.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vbox Plugin crashing on channel load0