Attention all language translators - XBMC needs your help with internationalization!
Updated :-)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Why
Quote:Note: Please do not download files, modify them and upload again! Always use the "Translate Now" Button!
Is there any special reason or just to avoid any unknown problems?
(2012-06-21, 08:16)NEOhidra Wrote: Why
Quote:Note: Please do not download files, modify them and upload again! Always use the "Translate Now" Button!
Is there any special reason or just to avoid any unknown problems?

Because those offline files are not in sync and some one lese could already have translated the ones you are doing.
This prevents duplicate work. Online will also use the translation memory.
And besides what's wrong with doing the translations online?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Transifex is OK for making minor change(s). But i prefer editing local files when i have to review a whole file or starting a new translation - it is faster and i am used to it.
If downloading files, please use the feature on Transifex to lock the file. This way someone wanting to translate, will know.
(2012-06-22, 11:03)blittan Wrote: If downloading files, please use the feature on Transifex to lock the file. This way someone wanting to translate, will know.

And don't lock it for days. Keep time as short as possible
My personal opinion is that the best, is if everything stays on the servers of Transifex.

Everything stays in sync, you can use the translation memory AND language files don't get locked just because someone is locally editing the file and not ready with it in one session, so he keeps locking the translations maybe for days, until he uploads it back.

That is not so polite with the rest of the translations group. That is how I see it.

And there is the threat, that some poor text editors break the language file (encoding, lineending, wordwrap, etc.)

So I'd really like to ask everyone that, IF possible, please stay on Transifex with translations.

Thanks, cheers, thanks everyone for contributing !
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Agree with alanwww1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Attention all language translators - XBMC needs your help with internationalization!3