• 2(current)
Does timeshift actually work for any of you?
(2015-12-11, 20:23)Edddsch Wrote: What means fairly stable? stabe or not stable Big Grin
It means that it does not crash on me, and most of the time it does as expected.

Some times the playback freezes and has to be restarted in Kodi - but tvheadend is at least running. With RAM buffer enabled tvheadend crashed completely.

The interface is sadly lacking and I am never sure where exactly in time I am watching and if I actually are back to watching real time when having paused and skipped.
Hey guys I've some good news for you!

I just installed the latest stable tvheadend version (4.0.7-23~g871f25e) and timeshifting seems to work (tested with Kodi 16 beta4, pvr.hts 2.2.10)!

I didn't have time for extended testing but seeking and skipping seems to work for my setup.

You should give it a try!
I'm not aware of any recent timeshift related code changes in Kodi, pvr.hts and tvheadend 4.0.x So, if it suddenly started to work for you with this version mix, it's a miracle, imo.

But there are some changes for tvheadend 4.1 done in the last week that might actually improve things.

:-)
Hi,

regarding to this post https://tvheadend.org/issues/2744#change-16979
The fixes should be included in the 4.0 branch too
This got me excited so I went ahead and installed build 4.1.1232, only to find it still freezes when skipping or rewinding.

Edit:: tested again and it seems to work - Will test further.
Release 4.0.8 has just been tagged in git, so that will ripple through as a stable build shortly. It includes these timeshift (and, of course, other) changes.
For a few months now, I have been running Kszaq's [ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MK808B+ version 5.0.3 with tvheadend server 3.9.2765, and it has been working well for me. I have been using the record function to get around the timeshifting problem. My problem, I have no idea how to update the tvheadend server running on this OpenELEC version, but would like to try it.
4.0.8? I thought the next stable release was set to be 4.2
4.2 is the next major stable - 4.0.8 is a bugfix to the existing 4.0 stable.
I have tried latest from milhouse http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/addon...tvheadend/ on openelec and timeshift is still not working. It stops with buffering message. (Build service.multimedia.tvheadend-6.0.2-#1216c-milhouse-v4.1-1233-gc50d70e.zip)
@iliac4: Following your link, this build still seems to contain the pre-bug fix 4.0.7.
I tested it again with the latest tvh yesterday, and it seems working better, but there are still heavy bugs in the code (for example skipping forward results in jumping close to the beginning of the show - but no freeze).
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
@Nachteule: can you post your /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend/timeshift/config file?
(2015-12-17, 09:58)M4tt0 Wrote: @iliac4: Following your link, this build still seems to contain the pre-bug fix 4.0.7.

No, it is the latest tvheadend (at the time of building), as per the git hash at the end of the archive filename - compare the git hash in the archive filenames with the commit hashes here.

Ignore the changelog included in the zip, that's just an OpenELEC maintained file which *is* out of date - it corresponds to the tvheadend version hosted by OpenELEC which isn't the version I'm building.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-17, 19:57)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 09:58)M4tt0 Wrote: @iliac4: Following your link, this build still seems to contain the pre-bug fix 4.0.7.

No, it is the latest tvheadend (at the time of building), as per the git hash at the end of the archive filename - compare the git hash in the archive filenames with the commit hashes here.

Ignore the changelog included in the zip, that's just an OpenELEC maintained file which *is* out of date - it corresponds to the tvheadend version hosted by OpenELEC which isn't the version I'm building.

Is this also coming available for synology, because I realy hope this is gonna work for à long time
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does timeshift actually work for any of you?0