Slate Beta Released
djtoll thanks for you bug report.

Your problems have been fixed. We will be releasing a new version on Sunday or Monday.

Also, I know that a lot of people want us to put this on the skinning svn but we would prefer not doing that right now. Once, the skin is more complete we will put it on the skinning svn.
Hmm, actually putting it onto the SVN now would make more sense, as you will probably be doing lots of updates and changes.. Folks can then just grab it of the SVN without having to rely on you to announce updates.. (will also save you some bandwidth on your website)
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
wow! Nice its done! I haven't tried it yet but from those screenies looks good, I'll be trying when I get some time tomorrow Big Grin great job guys
Big Grin 
Msan Wrote:Hmm, actually putting it onto the SVN now would make more sense, as you will probably be doing lots of updates and changes.. Folks can then just grab it of the SVN without having to rely on you to announce updates.. (will also save you some bandwidth on your website)

I agree, i think SVN is for WIP (work in progres). I don't rely on SVN scripts/skins always working as they should. You should use your website for public releases and SVN for like I said WIP. Then you can get bug reports etc quicker from the people using SVN and correct these before public releases :-D, i sugest Pm'ing spiff and gettin on 2 it :-D
oops, i mean PM jezz X
Even if you only put releases up to the SVN and keep WIP to yourself it is convenient just to have all these great skins in one place.

However, I agree the svn crowd is likely a vocal but small group of advanced users.

You guys really went all out with the animation Smile For the most part it works great too. Im not sure about the dialogs that have different close animation types than open ones... it seemed a little randomish at first since I was expected just a reverse animation and not a different one. I need to use it more before I make a decision on it though.
Looks good.
The skin is great. Very smooth and elegant.

Is there a way to get the Now Playing information such as the album art to show up on screen when playing a song? The only way i am able to do it now is to turn on the visualization.

Thanks!
A new version of Slate is now available. http://teamaf.fluidboxmedia.de/index.html

We have done a lot of bug fixing and added some more features. Thanks to everyone that has submitted bug reports.

We have included buttons in the skin to launch these scripts Accuweather, Apple Movie Trailers, and XBMC Lyrics. These buttons have to be enabled in the skin settings section first. We have also included a skin version checker. This can be found in the other otpions in skin settings. This is a modified version of Donno's Skin Version Checker. Thanks for allowing us to use this great script Donno.

We have also included a Translate.xml for all of the custom labels that we use in the skin. We are providing an english version with the skin but you can download a german version from our website. If anyone would like to translate this file to other languages that would be great. We have more info on our website.

We have included new options in skin settings. Please be sure to check them out.

Please report any bugs that you find here in the thread. Also, if you have suggestions or comments we would love to hear them.
You SS for the lyrics script skin looks a lot like the changelog skin.

Nice job, skin looks great Smile
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
Yeah must have missed that. I'll make sure that fluidman is aware of that.

Glad you like the skin. It wouldn't have been so nice without your help.
Thanks for the update. I have one issue to report. When trying to "Set Content" for movie directories, XBMC always crashes. Here is what i get in the log file (If i switch to PMIII i can set content with no issues so i think it is a skin issue):

16:30:03 M: 34639872 NOTICE: XBFileZilla: Started
16:30:47 M: 33820672 WARNING: CUtil::GetMatchingShare... no matching bookmark found for [virtualpath://video]
16:30:47 M: 33751040 ERROR: Control 30 in window 10132 has been asked to focus, but it can't
16:30:47 M: 33484800 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: Q:\skin\Slate\media\background.png
16:30:47 M: 33492992 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
16:30:47 M: 33492992 ERROR: exception in CApplication::Render()
16:30:47 M: 33492992 ERROR: CApplication::Render(), too many exceptions
16:30:47 M: 33492992 FATAL: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005)
at 0x0001d092

Thanks for the great skin!
wowser you need to update to the latest T3CH release. There was a change in the code to allow for a scrollbar in set content. I forgot to include this in my post but you can find the info on the website.
Thanks for the info. I should've read that note closer before downloading and installing Wink

Love the skin. Keep up the great work.
So far the .81 release seems very stable. I played with the music and videos a lot and everything works great. I have two suggestions:

1. It would be nice if while playing music, the album cover and song info could be shown on the home screen since there is so much real estate to play with. Maybe on the bottom right, just above the bar where the rss feeds are displayed?

2. The addition of the shutdown button is great, especially for a user like me who mostly uses the remote and not the controller. When playing music or video, it would be nice if the shutdown button would disappear, just so that that the screen looks clean. Especially if you have background visualizations enabled (or if album cover info was added to the home screen Smile )

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slate Beta Released3