• 7(current)
Play V-PID and A-PID TS-Stream!
workin fine here, great work geminiserver........do u know anything about gettin 4-2-2 feeds working?
@kaisersose

what did you mean with gettin 4-2-2 feeds working?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

q. what does 4:2:2 mean ?

a. 4:2:2 is a video chroma format used by broadcasters for the best quality picture. normal transmissions are in 4:2:0. to view the 4:2:2 transmissions normally you would need a professional receiver costing thousands of pounds but with the advent of pci cards like the skystar 2 it is now possible to view these feeds for less than 65euro. all you need is a skystar 2 pci card for your pc , a dish connected to the card and pointed to the correct satellite and the software progdvb.exe which is available free from http://www.progdvb.com. it is also possible to view 4:2:2 using a nokia 9xxx series receiver connected to a pc via a scsi cable and running the software program dvbrecorder.

i took that off a soccer feed site. anyways i read that ppl can watch 4:2:2 feeds on there pc when to stream there dreambox to the pc, i've never done it myself but u probably know that program. i dont know what the pc does that the dreambox cant but whatever it is, it would cool to get it workin on the xbox.

just searched a bit in google, and i found these quotes from sat-industry:

first of all mpeg 4:2:2 isn't mpeg-4 but it's still mpeg-2 and 4:2:2 is a chroma format (4:2:0 is chroma format used for most dvb channels "visible" on actual commercial boxes)
live fullscreen vieweing of 4:2:2 comming out form dreambox is possible only on pc for today with dreamtv + tuxvision + trex <- all must be installed in system but on my machine ath2000xp cpu usage while decoding is very high 90-100% and picture is breaking badly propably because high bitrate of 4:2:2 transmissions (around 10mbit)

the 4.2.2 is supported first time in 1.07.4 firmware. it is not ideal. we see 1/3 of the screen and the rest in errors , but it is first step in dream's firmware. Smile

i actually noticed that(the last quote) the other day, so hopefully the dreambox will do it itself then.
(geminiserver @ july 28 2004,22:32 Wrote:@wasistwas

did you edit the logfile ? xxxx ? if you enter xxxx instead of the normal ip it won't work!

but if you just edit the log to prevent view your ip lol...
it seems that you are the one who's image not stable enought.. the script work perfect.. and it creates a play string.. and normly it should work!

regards
geminiserver
the xxxxxes are not in the log file. i just don´t want to show everyone my passwords + my ips
@GeminiServer

thx - i oversee !!!Wink

best regards
craxxWink
since this is 100% python related atm i gonna move it to the pythn forum. if there will be any progress in adding this feature to xbmcs core we can create another thread here. Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play V-PID and A-PID TS-Stream!0