Req Attach user comments to video items, display back when browsing library
Use case: I would like to leave custom notes attached to a file. In particular why I grabbed a particular file off the net. When I (or e.g. my wife) browse past the file later on, the comment should show.

Detail:
There are many reasons for me to want to explicitly add comments to files
- Awesome bass line
- Apparently a magical docu on the mating behavior of the eastern spotted woodfinch
- The part with the raptor chase is at 45m30s
- Hey darling, don't watch this movie, it's got gruesome scenes
- Great reviews on this one, and John Malkovich plays in it

Given how manually adding comments is a very direct user action/effort, I'd note that re-displaying these comments should have priority (up to the skin perhaps..) and IMO should be even shown when casually browsing past files in a normal view (not just while viewing metadata on a file)

Implementation TBC I'm sure, I'd love to be able to add comments in an efficient way (so no onscreen keyboards unless I have to..).. 

Location.. perhaps .nfo files are suitable or some DB field. Would advise against adding it physically to files (comment tags etc?) since those are overused already (e.g. some encoders add their name to the comment), and would quickly become noisy. Perhaps https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels - maybe ListItem.Comment extended to cover Video?
System: Kodi on NVidia Shield 2015
Video: Panasonic AE3000 Projector / Samsung 46" LCD
Audio: Quad 2912 on Nord DM500Up with Marantz 7010 receiver.
+1

Depending on guests, sometimes I need to use complete English subtitles for everything spoken.  Other times I just need subtitles for foreign spoken parts.  Sometimes I don't know if I need subtitles at all.  When first screening a new title, I may find out I need a foreign sub displayed for example.  I'm usually rudely interrupted, pause playback, and start selecting subs using trial and error until I happen across the correct sub I'm looking for.  They are all listed in the subtitles menu as 'English'.  There may be 6 'English' subs.  Hearing impaired, Non hearing impaired, Complete English only, Complete English and Foreign, PGS, SRT, etc.  Once I find the correct sub I'm looking for, for that particular viewing, it would fantastic if I could save the 'info' about those subs so I could correctly load the correct one at title start.  I can't rename them to identify which is which because I'm using exact 1:1 iso rips.  

So, I add 'use external .srt for foreign + full English' or 'use #3 in sub list for foreign only' to the file name of the title.  Then I navigate in my skin to locate the file name and I have my sub info presented to me.  This makes for some pretty long and confusing file names on top of the other media tag info already present in the file name.  Alternately, I can edit the .nfo.  Usually I add it to the 'tag line' so it's visible at the beginning of the synopsis while navigating the library.  This way I don't have to dig deep into the info page to retrieve the file name.

It would be wonderful if there was a 'notes' section available we could type in info for ourselves.  This way we wouldn't have to leave Kodi to edit file names or .nfo's.  I don't care where the placeholder for this info would be but it would have to be common for all views.

I think this may have to be skin dependent.  I'm going to request it in Silvo Aeon Nox 5.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2019-06-07, 16:40)brazen1 Wrote: +1

Depending on guests, sometimes I need to use complete English subtitles for everything spoken.  Other times I just need subtitles for foreign spoken parts.  Sometimes I don't know if I need subtitles at all.  When first screening a new title, I may find out I need a foreign sub displayed for example.  I'm usually rudely interrupted, pause playback, and start selecting subs using trial and error until I happen across the correct sub I'm looking for.  They are all listed in the subtitles menu as 'English'.  There may be 6 'English' subs.  Hearing impaired, Non hearing impaired, Complete English only, Complete English and Foreign, PGS, SRT, etc.  Once I find the correct sub I'm looking for, for that particular viewing, it would fantastic if I could save the 'info' about those subs so I could correctly load the correct one at title start.  I can't rename them to identify which is which because I'm using exact 1:1 iso rips.  

So, I add 'use external .srt for foreign + full English' or 'use #3 in sub list for foreign only' to the file name of the title.  Then I navigate in my skin to locate the file name and I have my sub info presented to me.  This makes for some pretty long and confusing file names on top of the other media tag info already present in the file name.  Alternately, I can edit the .nfo.  Usually I add it to the 'tag line' so it's visible at the beginning of the synopsis while navigating the library.  This way I don't have to dig deep into the info page to retrieve the file name.

It would be wonderful if there was a 'notes' section available we could type in info for ourselves.  This way we wouldn't have to leave Kodi to edit file names or .nfo's.  I don't care where the placeholder for this info would be but it would have to be common for all views.

I think this may have to be skin dependent.  I'm going to request it in Silvo Aeon Nox 5.
Nice, I don't see your request there yet, can you link?
System: Kodi on NVidia Shield 2015
Video: Panasonic AE3000 Projector / Samsung 46" LCD
Audio: Quad 2912 on Nord DM500Up with Marantz 7010 receiver.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2859635
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I'll add my desire for this function, too many times I've had to edit the .nfo and place the information in the 'plot'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Attach user comments to video items, display back when browsing library1