Req [1/2 Solved] Dynamic Stereo Upmix and Number of Channels Based Upon Source
(2015-10-06, 08:16)upmixthispls Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 07:49)ilovethakush Wrote: I have better things to do with my life than to argue with some loser online, so I'm done with this. Hope you get the help you need but you won't, cause the audio settings are perfect as is, and many solutions have been given to you.

Also, I'll give you 1,000 dollars if you show me the answer to my other thread in the next 5 minutes. Cause all that proved to me is that you don't read, when you accuse everyone else of not reading.

I found it, it is quite an extensive post talking about how Kodi sync playback to the monitor's displayable refresh rate. If it can't meet the refresh rate you tell it, then it will sync it to the next available refresh rate your mointor can handle.

You probably didn't think about if your monitor is only capable of producing specific refresh rates based upon interlaced/progressive signal. You also need to consider the type of hdmi cable/ports and if they are capable of pushing the refresh rates you desire.

I found another thread that you commented on today, this poor guy needs help with a linux installation and how to control his audio. And you tell him he doesn't need to upmix his 2.0 audio to 5.1... you are such a tool ilovethakush...

Keep your 1,000, I'm sure you have some weed to buy with it.

I'm done playing nice. You're such a fucking illiterate idiot.

Sync playback to display = if the refresh rate of your monitor doesn't match the refresh rate of your video, it will make it match. Such as playing 25 fps on 60hz, or 24 fps on 50 hz.
adjust refresh rate = what you're probably talking about, the refresh rate of your monitor switches according to what the fps of your video is. So if your display is capable of 23.9 hz, 24hz, 25hz, etc... it would be wise to turn this on

So stop giving me all this know it all bullshit about how certain monitors produce certain refresh rates and hdmi cables and all this shit, I know so much more about this than you can even imagine and I don't have to prove shit to you, the same way I didn't have to prove to you that 2.1 videos exist, but yet I did, and you still argue.

My question in my thread was related specifically to a 23.976 fps video on a 59.94 hz refresh rate, and a developer came in and answered my question already.

You're fucking clueless but yet you talk like you know so much.

In the other thread, the guy has 2.0 speakers and he had stereo upmix turned on, I told him there's no point in doing so. He didn't have a 5.1, he had a 2.0. Again, you're so illiterate, learn how to fucking read. If I were a mod I would ban you for this shit that you pull.

And it's creepy how you're so obsessed with me that you go through my post history and read through every thread that I posted in.

To everyone else I apologize for going on a tangent, and this will be 100% definitely be my last post in this thread. Edit: My last post in this thread talking to or addressing this douchebag.

And to think, I tried to fucking help you to start with, I offered you sincere help and you repay that with attitude.
(2015-10-06, 13:43)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 07:03)ilovethakush Wrote: First of all, plenty of videos have 2.1 as a source, I took a pic of one just for you, the image is sideways but you get the point

Second, you keep accusing me and everyone of not reading when it fact you're the one not reading. I and everyone else understood you perfectly

The Seven Year itch is one of those rare oddballs but it's not supposed to have a 2.1 mix, the Bluray however includes a Dolby 3.0 mix. I wonder if you've discovered a bug.

I have many many more 2.1 videos. Most of them however are web downloads, not dvds or blurays
(2015-10-06, 14:20)ilovethakush Wrote: I have many many more 2.1 videos. Most of them however are web downloads, not dvds or blurays

While early cinema sound systems tried out 2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0 and other systems, it seems highly unlikely that web videos would be 2.1. What kind of web-videos are these?
(2015-10-06, 14:38)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 14:20)ilovethakush Wrote: I have many many more 2.1 videos. Most of them however are web downloads, not dvds or blurays

While early cinema sound systems tried out 2.1, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0 and other systems, it seems highly unlikely that web videos would be 2.1. What kind of web-videos are these?

I'll look through my library and take some screenshots when I get home later.

The "many, many" was definitely an exaggeration to prove a point lol. I'd say like 95% of my videos are either 2.0 or 5.1.
(2015-10-06, 14:52)ilovethakush Wrote: The "many, many" was definitely an exaggeration to prove a point lol. I'd say like 95% of my videos are either 2.0 or 5.1.

Look, I'm not calling you out, but are the source for this media? It just seems rather strange. Obviously Dolby 5.1 is the accepted broadcast medium for a lot of content (Even if a lot of shows are stereo and are just upmixed to 5.1 to conform to broadcast standards) but 2.1, like, native 2.1 mixes are exceptionally rare and date almost exclusive to earlier days in cinema. It's rather odd for any content produced in the last 20+ years to be 2.1 so I'm less interested in you proving that it exists but rather where it came from in the first place.
(2015-10-05, 19:22)upmixthispls Wrote: Sony STR-DH540, I'd accept donations for a better one.

(2015-10-05, 23:00)upmixthispls Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 22:48)furii Wrote:
(2015-10-05, 19:30)upmixthispls Wrote: My household members barely know how to pause and play, let alone switch a profile.

then it's highly likely they also don't care about the audio mix. why don't you just let your receiver do the up/down-mixing?

They have ears: "It sounds like crap, where is the bass?"

My receiver doesn't have the option.

Sony Manual Wrote:If you connect a subwoofer This receiver will generate a low frequency signal for output to the subwoofer when there is no LFE signal, which is a low-pass sound effect output from a subwoofer to a 2 channel signal. However, the low frequency signal is not generated for “Neo:6 Cinema” or “Neo:6 Music” when all speakers are set to “Large”. In order to take full advantage of the Dolby Digital bass redirection circuitry, we recommend setting the subwoofer’s cut off frequency as high as possible
https://docs.sony.com/release/STRDH540.pdf

(2015-10-06, 06:41)upmixthispls Wrote: Did not know about the lowpass at the theatres. Wish I had it for my receiver though Sad

you really could stand to not be such a tool to those trying to help you.
(2015-10-06, 13:43)DJ_Izumi Wrote:
(2015-10-06, 07:03)ilovethakush Wrote: First of all, plenty of videos have 2.1 as a source, I took a pic of one just for you, the image is sideways but you get the point

Second, you keep accusing me and everyone of not reading when it fact you're the one not reading. I and everyone else understood you perfectly

The Seven Year itch is one of those rare oddballs but it's not supposed to have a 2.1 mix, the Bluray however includes a Dolby 3.0 mix. I wonder if you've discovered a bug. 

Yes, it is a bug, and it's still there now in 2019. i have two videos that actually have 5.0 sound, but they register in Kodi's information as having 4.1 sound (I also have a video that actually has 4.1 sound). I have my doubts that this is an issue when passthrough is used, but it would be nice if it displayed correctly as well as working correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[1/2 Solved] Dynamic Stereo Upmix and Number of Channels Based Upon Source2