• 6(current)
Web Browser integrated into XBMC - HTML Layout Engine with a GUI embedded into XBMC?
Star 
hi!

where could i get a simple internet browser for xbmc? it would be cool to have it. has anybody tried to program something xml-based browser?

-tommi
look at links, its here and being adapted for the cvs... since your doing your own compile (prebuild downloads.... bad) just do a search here, get their cvs and work it into xbmc and compile again. might take a note on the notes and direction they have for it, but hold in mind it works... but its still in dev.
Thumbs Up 
i think that it would be a great idea to put in a web browser in to xbmc if there is any one out there who thinks this is a good idea please say so and hey firefox is open source couldent you build off that
search::

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=12315
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
does anyone know when xbmc will have a integrated web browser. i would really like to know because i just use links box but it is only for surfing. has there been any announcements about it? can someone plz tell me?

thanks,
edj
according to the team linksbox should be intigrated post v2.0 (which should be released soon)
i doubt it will be intergrated at all(in too offical cvs)
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
why is that?
(Maybe this should be at Development, but i don't see any really apropiated thread for it.)

I have see that now Wii has an Opera version of web browser and the interface is really simple. Maybe XBMC doesn't need a web browser (i think yes), but this kind of interface would be the apropiate...

it would help if XBMC had a web browser in it first before we worry about how the interface looks...
It seems to start to work... at least as an unnoficial way Wink This is why i say this maybe should be in Development...
the team said it would be iuntegrated in an interview here

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=6689

so I wouldn't really doubt it
I compiled a working xbmc with linksboks but linksboks is to simple and ugly looking. I was thinking that maybe somebody could code a more complex browser into xbmc, something like firefox. I want a browser that is able to play videos from youtube..... to handle flash files, java script. In other words a full browser.
When do you think a release of XBMC will include a web browser capable of watching videos (youtube, ect.) and checking email. I know many people said that this cant be done but linksboks was integrated. I compiled and links works but its a simple browser, its not like firefox.
Whats wrong with using the python script to watch youtube et al?

It would be nice to have a browser in XBMC but i dont think i would use it much personaly...
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Browser integrated into XBMC - HTML Layout Engine with a GUI embedded into XBMC?2