• 1(current)
Web Browser integrated into XBMC - HTML Layout Engine with a GUI embedded into XBMC?
Lightbulb 
i would love to see support for webpages. i know this would be hard, but to make it easier, the xbmc team could take an open source browser and incorporate that.
i doubt someone will add a full webbrowser to xbmp/xbmc. i think it would be better to make a seperate app for it.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Smile 
i agree with hullebulle. a full feature browser isnt likely to be built into xbmc, i personly dont think it would be practical. you have to remember you dont have a keyboard.
hmmm but maybe if you could from your pc/mac add your favorites via a web interface.

but i do have some ideas, not requiring a full featured browser:

isnt possible to get info on updates to xbmc.
like "updated version of xbmc is now available"

ability to get newsfeeds?

and might be far out, and probably not needed at all but
im brainstorming here Smile
some sort of "plugin-system" that allows the browsing of pictures showing in your local cinema? and the plugins are to be built by the people needing it?

/bhellium
webbrowser will never b added 2 xbmc
simply because xbmc is a media center
and not an 'all i can think off is in here' application

so yes a webbrowser for the xbox would b nice
but as a separate application
and no it wont b developed/ported by me
sorry
frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
Big Grin 
(frodo @ oct. 03 2003,17:16 Wrote:so yes a webbrowser for the xbox would b nice
but as a separate application
and no it wont b developed/ported by me
sorry
frodo
let's do in this way, frodo.
you implement the (soap) webservice support and the community will do the second part. newsfeeds, web pages... and bla bla...

media center, means media from any source.

that's my .0v
windragz
it difficult to break 2048 bit as try to find a sock at morning, it's just matter of time.
Thumbs Up 
hi xbmc-team, i would love to see an build in browser in the xbox media center. so you could browse the internet by the tv and listen to some music. it would also be great if the could be an alternativ between controlling the browser by handcontroller or by keyboard.  Smile
hiya all

just recently, linksbok's, an internet web browser, was just ported to xbox...
at the moment the linksboks web browser only supports pics, text and some simple code...but works very well at what it can do
though it cant support webmail, ssl or other complex tasks

in time, would it hold a place in xbmc?

just a question to chew over...
hi silentyl

do you have a link to a site containing information about this project ?
xbmc is a media player, not a web browser.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

omg.... if it's an xbox app whats the problem, just launch it from within xbmc...
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(silentyl @ mar. 08 2004,09:04 Wrote:in time, would it hold a place in xbmc?
i like the idea.

a special xboxmedia-website (designed for the xbox-webbrowser) where i can stream (.strm-files) or downloading (.torrent Wink ) videos like movie-trailers or xbmc-skins...

anyway it`s not so important.

linksboks is amazing as stand-alone, too.
Quote:xbmc is a media player, not a web browser

thought it was a media center. you could argue that web content is media as well. usb keyboard support and a port of an open-source web browser such as mozilla would be a welcome addition to xbmc to me.

to tell you the truth, i'd be happier than a pig in poo if xbmc were the only program i ever had to look at on my xbox. all it lacks, as far as i'm concerned, is a few options like a web browser, games menu, and a few other bells and whistles and it could be a complete dashboard replacement. would sure beat the crap out of the sloppy interfaces that you find in a lot of other dashboards, file managers, etc.

if not adding these features to xbmc, it would be nice to see a consortium of homebrew xbox developers come together to integrate all of the great features of the many programs out there into one seamless, complete, total desktop solution that didn't require the use of linux.

but hey, i just use the stuff, i don't develop it.
(stickysnake @ mar. 08 2004,20:36 Wrote:
Quote:xbmc is a media player, not a web browser

thought it was a media center. you could argue that web content is media as well. usb keyboard support and a port of an open-source web browser such as mozilla would be a welcome addition to xbmc to me.

to tell you the truth, i'd be happier than a pig in poo if xbmc were the only program i ever had to look at on my xbox. all it lacks, as far as i'm concerned, is a few options like a web browser, games menu, and a few other bells and whistles and it could be a complete dashboard replacement. would sure beat the crap out of the sloppy interfaces that you find in a lot of other dashboards, file managers, etc.

if not adding these features to xbmc, it would be nice to see a consortium of homebrew xbox developers come together to integrate all of the great features of the many programs out there into one seamless, complete, total desktop solution that didn't require the use of linux.

but hey, i just use the stuff, i don't develop it.
what do you mean a game menu?

you can setup your bookmark to point to your games directory and then check off flatten/show only default.xbe in settings->programs.

your bookmark in the <myprograms> section would point to like f:\games.

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

i love to to see this in xbmc, its a great browser

only problem is that its so quiet while browsing it needs music in the background... would be total ownage to be able to be browse the net and let stuff download while you watch your media... hell it would be to good if a bittorrent client was ported as well...

could browse to a few torrent sites click the torrent, start it downloading then go watch your media... after that watch the film or whatever you just downloaded
a bittorrent client is already ported

look here:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;st=120
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Browser integrated into XBMC - HTML Layout Engine with a GUI embedded into XBMC?2