• 3(current)
Web Browser integrated into XBMC - HTML Layout Engine with a GUI embedded into XBMC?
this is a xbmc forum that why there no info on linksbox. its besically a application that u can run from any dashboard like xbmc.
linksbox works pretty well. it would be better if i had a keyboard.

i thought their was a program that got movie listings for you, sorta like weather?
i would like to see a decent a web browser, in xbmc. it could use the xbmc on-screen keyboard too. thanks
yes plss preciouss coders...that would be awsome
this has been discussed a lot. i dont think its going to happen, i do agree it would be nice though.
in the mean while there is linksbox. it even works with a external usb keyboard. very nice!
Smile 
:bowdown:

linksbochs with an add in to run the onscreen keyboard.
(similar to when searching for locations in the weather settings)

tia

keep up the good work
talk to the lincsbox people. it's nothing to do with xbmc. the linksbox webbrowser is a separate app which we have nothing to do with.

(and no, a webbrowser is not being incorporated into xbmc, so don't ask).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

webbrowser, why?, xbmc is not an operating system :bomb:
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
a small point that might be valid... ignoring the reasoning that xbmc isnt a catch-all app (in some ppls opinion). the other main anti-web browser excuse seems to be lack of memory.

what about for example opera etc installed on cell phones. pocketie on pocket pcs etc etc. these have (in most cases) even less ram available for apps than the xbox, why cant something like that be implemented? i know they are designed for smaller screens, but if you had a browser that was designed for windows mobiles 2003 se, vga format, surely that would be perfect for a tv resolution web browser? (ignoring hdtv of course!Wink. you're not going to get anything much beter than 640x480, an legible, on a tv screen anyway.
hi,

just fall on this thread, please let me set things straight: as an xbmc user, i don't feel the immediate need of a web browser inside it, and i respect the policy of the xbmc team to avoid including every app under the sun inside it.

i won't deny the fact that i was contacted by runtime some time ago, and he had this idea in mind; i'm not sure he was speaking on behalf of the entire team, or maybe he changed his mind since then, but anyway i made some experiments to embed linksboks into other applications (with xbmc as an *example*), and now i'm planning some long-needed code overhaul which will make that possible.

of course i think making linksboks run under xbmc could be a good programming challenge -and i might do it as a "personal" proof of concept one day if i find the time-, even if it proves to be technically possible and acceptable in terms of memory consumption, xbmc won't have a webbrowser until the xbmc team says so.

as a side note, we're talking about 2 open source apps, so anyone with the skill and interest to do the job can perfectly give it a try.

but i hope it's clear enough that bringing linksboks to xbmc is not in the works as far as i'm concerned for the time being. but should the team here become interested, i may be willing to help.

thanks for reading,

-ysbox (linksboks author)
i read no posts asking this and im sure its been said a million times but id like to see a web-browser built into a product like this also in the downloads section an .iso for imbeciles like myself.
simple question! can i surf on the web with xbmc?!

if yes, any web site that tells you how?
Sad 
(vlester @ dec. 14 2004,15:44 Wrote:simple question! can i surf on the web with xbmc?!
simple answer: no!, see faq! xbmc is a audio/video player, (not an operating system). install linksboks or xbox-linux if want a webbrowser.
Sad 
i have been using xbmc in different cvs`s the last 6 months! this is realy great! :bowdown: ! but i miss one thing, it is possible that this already exists, but i haven`t manage to find it out. i would like to read regular web pages via xbmc. is this possible? then i mean all web pages, not only some sites that is in different streams or feeds via phyton scripts that i already have installed.
anyone that know if this is possible?

ktm
not possible

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Browser integrated into XBMC - HTML Layout Engine with a GUI embedded into XBMC?2