Switch MKV audio streams / subtiles tracks?
:help:
i am having some trouble with some mkv files in xbmc.
i watching some anime that i want to hear in japanese and read the subbs in english. (the dub sux) but the only audio stream that i can get is the english version... is this a common problem?

i can change 2 the japanese version on my computer but i rather watch it form my x-box.

please help me shed some light on this situation.

gambunta
are you changing the audio stream from within the osd menu?
if not, try that.
after doing a bit of searching which is what you should have done before asking this question i found this

it tells you that audio switching for mkv's does not work but a work around does and is quite easy todo.
have a read.
im sry that i posted it once more but i had been trying 2 get mkv 2 work all night and i was tierd so i thought this was a easy way 2 get 2 know what i wanted.

sry for the inconviniance

and thanks for the help im gonna try that
i followed carefully the step by step guide of deltop to make a .conf file to play the 2nd track with a mkv file. however with the latest xbmc 1.1 when i play the mkv file with the matching .conf file present in the same dir, the 1st track is still played by default, so does anybody have an idea pliz?
just a small note to say that it seems elupus has added mkv audio switching to mplayer.dll Smile

mkv audio switching should now be working from the osd.

compiled it earlier today and it seems to be working fine.

cheers elupus. for me it was the one and only feature lacking.
oh my savior! then i guess we'll have to wait the next build of xbmc to have this neat feat ?
stick this mplayer.dll

http://www.mevnet.co.uk/mplayer.rar

in your mplayer dir, overwriting the old one and it should work.
erk, tx but my problem is i never managed to get access to my relax or ccx server with mplayer, so i was wishing for xbmc to support it t_t...
think you misunderstood, mplayer has allways been the core of xbmc. it's a dll that get's loaded, and is how xbmc can play pretty much any videos.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

feedback on my test with xbmc: well after i replaced the dll in the mplayer folder, i played a mkv in xbmc, and 1st weird thing: the osd showed the 2nd track title as "unknown", while it added the "5.1" to both tracks although they were only stereo... then when i selected the 2nd track during play, xbmc freezed..

so i guess the promised day when it would be able to switch mkv tracks hasn't arrived yet t_t
hmm i had the freezing issue until i updated xbmc itself last night, you'll probably need to wait till you can get a new build of xbmc itself then, not sure what was causing this.

the labels in the osd don't always show what they should (due to a lack of support for iso 639-2 three letter language codes, which mkv's use) but switching tracks does work.

not sure why 5.1 was showing up for you in the track title.
i have some dual audio movies on my hard drive, but it automatically plays the first audio track, is there any way to make it play the second track instead?
pretty sure this is covered in the manual.. keyword: osd
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ill go have a look, thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch MKV audio streams / subtiles tracks?0