Solved CEC stopped working
I have OpenElec 6.0.0 running on my Pi2, and up until now it's worked fine with CEC to my LG TV. However I found it earlier in a frozen (crashed) state with a message on screen about theAudioDB.com add-on being incompatible and broken and did I want to uninstall it (although that may or may not be related to the issue). Since I restarted it I now cannot get CEC to work, the Pi isn't detected by the TV.

I also note that if I try to reboot the Pi, it just goes to a black screen rather than rebooting, and I have to pull the plug and reinsert it to get it going again. This may or may not be related to the issue.

I've tried reinstalling the firmware (dropping the 6.0.0 tar file into the update folder and rebooting), removing and reinserting the HDMI cable at both ends and also a different cable, but nothing seems to get it back.

Logs with LibCEC component logging linked below. I include both current and old log just in case there's anything that may give some idea about why it's not rebooting either.

Kodi.log
Kodi.old.log

Other than those issues the Pi seems to be working fine, and can be controlled by both bluetooth mouse and keyboard. But for convenience I'd prefer to continue using CEC with my TV as that's how I've got the family trained to use Kodi.

If anyone can give any pointers or suggestions they'd be most welcome.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It's always worth hard power cycling everything for CEC issues. i.e. unplug TV from mains (and any other CEC devices).

Code:
18:37:01  78.385201 T:1968066560   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed

You've got a corrupt database. Probably .kodi/userdata/Database/Addons20.db
You can try deleting it (make a backup first just in case). I think it will get recreated on reboot.

If CEC is still not working, then try renaming ~/.kodi to ~/.kodi_back and rebooting. See if CEC comes back to life.
If it doesn't help you can delete ~/.kodi and rename back to get back.
Thanks for that. Power cycling did the trick on the CEC issue. That one's solved.

I moved Addons19.db (I presume Addons20.db is for Jarvis? I'm on Isengard still) out of the folder and tried a reboot, but still end up stuck at a black screen. Pulling the plug and rebooting has recreated the file, but trying a second reboot just puts me back to a black screen again.

The only other database with modified date of today (according to Windows via SMB anyway) is Texture13.db, but moving and recreating that doesn't help either.

Is it worth just restoring the whole databases folder from my weekly back-up (done Sunday evening) or could it be something deeper than that? If so what is the best way to do it, just restore or stop Kodi first somehow (I'm on OE 6.0.0 - if stopping then how)?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2015-12-01, 21:47)DarrenHill Wrote: Is it worth just restoring the whole databases folder from my weekly back-up (done Sunday evening) or could it be something deeper than that? If so what is the best way to do it, just restore or stop Kodi first somehow (I'm on OE 6.0.0 - if stopping then how)?

Code:
systemctl stop kodi

You can start again by replacing stop with start.

Backing up your current database files and restoring from backup is worth a try.
Be aware that the Textures*.db file is linked to contents of .kodi/userdata/Thumbnails/ so you could have an issue there.
Deleting both Textures*.db and Thumbnails directory should always be safe, but kodi may be a bit slow for a while while the textures recache.
Milhouse's texturecache utility can be useful for forcing the regeneration of the cache.
Thanks again - I'm restoring the backup of both Database and Thumbnails directories now (it's going to take a while).

I've used Milhouse's script before, so I may give that a go as well later once the restore is done just to make sure.

But I think we can call this one solved.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC stopped working0