• 1(current)
Vision skin release
Rainbow 
INTRODUCTION:
I had this skin in mockups for a couple years (For those that remember my old skin poll late 2004!), but I had no idea how to do any xml, so it never got made. Recently Jedi79 came in & said he would do nearly all the xml work, so this skin began on October 16th, 2006. I'm doing the graphics and xml. I'm also getting XML help from "Xbox-Classic creator Jezz_X" "the clark kent of scripting Donno", "smokemaniac aka Smokehead" and "kthxnpbrbbbqananicoleih8mormonsnotfunnyihadafriendthatdesignedaskinmattaarongetajob jedi79" ... Now in the first screenshot... See that backround? Thats where this skin all started... that image was designed as a teaser for Windows Longhorn... The entire skin idea came from this image. I thought the backround was the most amazing design ive seen. So I wanted to implement a samiliar style... Sleek glass with blue streaks... And thats how I came up with what you see now.

THEME 1: Blue Streak (Default) EVERYTHING you see in all screenshots are possible and work in the current build. Some of these are in-xbmc screenshots, and the ones that aren't still give you an idea of the direction im heading.
ImageImageImageImage

THEME 2: Titanium Based off a skin I had in mind a couple years ago, I always wanted a smoke/black/chrome type of style. This mockup shows what to expect.
Screenshot2

THEME 3: Project Mayhem Three What can I say, Project Mayhem 3! I think Choke is by far the best graphic artist here in the xbmc scene. Shame he had to retire! Anyway, I'll add key features from my skin to this PM3 Theme... Modified home, extra features such as the Hidden Sidebar, 'Show Current Folder Image, Movie Poster view, etc
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

THEME 4: Vista Ultimate Inspired by gorgous Vista. Will make more use of transparencies, glowing streaks, vista icons, and the vista sidebar. Just a concept theme for now, I won't be using any Microsoft Vista images, i'll design all my own to avoid any problems
[size=1]Screenshot 1

THEMES 5,6,7,8 and more I'll be releasing other themes with the skin... Virtue, White Elegance, 360, Comic, & more... All will take advantage of the standard layout I have (Hidden Sidebar, Top bar showing folder's jpg, DVD Poster View, etc)

FEATURES: Most these idea's/features are currently part of the skin...(Click the underline for SCREENSHOTS of the feature):
Show Current Folder.jpg: Screenshot A lot of this skin was based around my Wide Icons idea in mind... Since my first few mockups, I always wanted the ability to SHOW the Wide Icon of the folder your in... This has officially & finally been added to xbmc today! So whenever your in any folder that contains a Wide Icon it will display that wide icon on the top of the screen. When your in TV Shows, it will show the folder of the TV Show your in... If your in NINTENDO it will show the Nintendo Wide Icon, etc... I think this is one of the most exciting things about this skin!!
Slider: Screenshot Already implemented into the skin. Very samiliar to Vista's sidebar, My goal here is to place Time/Date, Weather, Scripts, etc. With the ability to remove specific items.
Control Panel: I always felt a skin should have 1 control panel at the top. This would include the VideoPreview, Folder.jpg, Playlist info, etc... I just feel it'd make things easier and more organized. Potentially giving it a 'faceplate' feel with users being able to change the top panel like a cd-player faceplate. So users can create their own, and you can change it how you want. Another option is to keep this hidden until used (When media is playing or such).
New View (Music): Screenshot Nothing fancy, just an alternative way of viewing albums. Hopefully we can get a small visualization to play next to album art.
New View (DVD Posters): Screenshot This is what I wanted from the original concept drawings of the skin. I have already made 1,000+ DVD Posters, to be released with beta
Custom Icons: I'll be making icons specifically made to match the skin. Gotta have my Wide Icons! I'll be making every Wide Icon for every single xbox game/application/homebrew game & emulator... to be released with final
Custom Sounds: For now this is not possible, I think it would be beneficial to a lot of skins if we can assign sounds to specific controls. I'm hoping this will get added at some point!
Video & Game Trailers: Screenshot For now this is not possible, but hundreds of users have wanted this in xbmc... and I suuuuuuuure hope this screenshots shows its potential and maybe one day this will get added... <3 jm

PHASES:
1) Concept: Design the layout, come up with some mockups, design most the graphics.
2) Beta-1: Start the xml, see what features of the skin are possible with xbmc, what aren't & get a working skin.
3) Feedback: Once I have a working skin, give users screenshots/trailers/get feedback <-Where I am at now
4) Beta-2: Decide the best feedback, implement it, & release a beta to everyone.
5) Final: After we have all used it, found what we liked/disliked... ALL graphics will be redone, bugs cleaned, more wishes implemented, then final release

This skin will partially be made by you guys. We can all agree that those Vista skins, PSP/PS3 skins, Kaleidascope, mc360 & xTV are absoutly gorgous skins and visually stunning, but unlike them this is not a replica and we don't have layout guidelines we have to follow to match a certain way. This skin could look how we want and take advantage of all xbmc has to offer. What you see now will not be what you see in the final. It will only get better, This skin will change as most feedback is implemented. So, let's hear your feedback!!![/size]

-Matt AAron
I made this exact thread over at XS which you can find here as well : http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=588843

Just looking for some feedback guys, thanks in advance Smile
It looks absolutely amazing!! I am fascinated by all the skins popping up recently! Cool

Especially i like the dark scheme with the blue highlighted accents.. Really sleek and glassy.. Nod

If you need any help in testing, just contact me.
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Big Grin 
Thank you sCAPe Big Grin Almost looks as nice as your HiFi Media Center case Smile I'd be real interested in a case mod, do you ever build them for people? If so and your in the states, we need to talk Smile
This is looking incredible!!

However, I think most feedback will start coming your way once people get a hands-on feel for it. Right now, I'm just pretty much in awe of the graphics, so that won't give you any idea of what to change/improve.

Other feedback (ie. on things that look good, but unfortunately aren't user-friendly, or things that just look out of place) would have to be based on what I encounter while using it...

And that's just a lot of fancy talk for saying: gimme!!!

Looking forward to this. Big Grin
looks great, but as mentioned, we need hands-on Smile
This is looking pretty nice Smile If you need any more help with the scripting I can lend a hand too if you can find me in irc://irc.freenode.net/xbmc-scripting
Looks nice, very intriguing.
I'd be happy to help test the beta-1 if you need another set of eyes.
Thanks for the feedback guys, didn't think about it, but your absolutly right, best feedback would be hands-on experience Big Grin Guess the feedback I was expecting from screenshots is "wth are you thinking, that backround image is ugly", "hate that chrome button", "too much blue", etc... but it seems you guys are satisfied with the graphics, so ...

I'll try getting a beta out asap Smile

thx for the offer Asteron, I see you online daily in #xbmc and another 'xbmcrelated' channel, im MattAAron Big Grin the channel pervert Wink
NineT9mustang Wrote:thx for the offer Asteron, I see you online daily in #xbmc and another 'xbmcrelated' channel, im MattAAron Big Grin the channel pervert Wink
Ohh yeah. You people and your multiple online identities Tongue
You already know my opinion on this skin Big Grin
if you want, there is a WIP skin SVN that i created last week, i can add you to admin if you email me @ [email protected] Otherwise, i will be looking for this great skin on SF.

Good Job
stanley87 Wrote:if you want, there is a WIP skin SVN that i created last week, i can add you to admin if you email me @ [email protected] Otherwise, i will be looking for this great skin on SF.

Good Job
It allready has its own development SVN and when its done/public will probably go on the Official one
NineT9mustang Wrote:Thank you sCAPe Big Grin Almost looks as nice as your HiFi Media Center case Smile I'd be real interested in a case mod, do you ever build them for people? If so and your in the states, we need to talk Smile

smile .. thanks for that. Big Grin
But i think, i won't do that case mod again, because it was really hard to complete everything.. And also i couldn't use XBMC for approx. 4-5 weeks during the case-mod install. THAT WAS HARD! Wink

So, let us know when you have a beta of this skin then we would love to help you find the bugs..
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

whats up with the beta?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Vision skin release2