Apple iTunes 7 support (DAAP client with iTunes 7 compatibility)
probably nothing... it will just be another method for accessing media found on your hard drive.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I've figured out what I'm going to do until iTunes 7 is supported in XBMC (if ever). Firefly media server is a great replacement. Anybody pissed about iTunes 7 breaking DAAP should check it out. It will read you playlists from iTunes and then serve them up just like iTunes 6 did.

Its has a wonderful development/forum community that'll help you out if you have any problems. I highly recommend them.

Just an FYI.
Help! I have Firefly installed on my PC sharing my iTunes library. I can pick up this library share on my MacBook iTunes and play songs and playlists. I can't seem to access this share using XBMC.

I have the Jan 24 07 XBMC installed. I have my iTunes share setup as daap://192.168.0.105 (IP address of the my PC running Firefly and with the iTunes library). I cannot connect to the DAAP share at all - when selecting the link I immediately get a message saying that the directory cannot be located.

Do I have to change settings in Firefly to detect the share? Am I using the wrong address or share method in XBMC? Or do I need another application to make it work?

Thanks for any help.
there is no osx support for that firefly thingy :/ whats the alternative then?
There are Mac nightly builds available. AFAIK they are stable enough to use.
http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/
Exclamation 
I know this has been dealt before and i've read about them on here.However
My xbmc v2 doesnt want to connect to the itunes.
I dont see a xboxmediacenter.xml but i did make changes to thesources.xml by putting this
<bookmark>

<name>iTunes Network Share (DAAP)</name>

<!-- only use an IP address here !-->

<path>daap://192.168.1.103</path>

</bookmark>
So in theory this should work but it doesnt want to connect.

Im using a linksys router btw.
Funny thing also happens..When im not in xbmc but just in the dashboard on the xbox, i can ftp and connect to it..but once i go into xbmc, i cant ftp.
It just hangs using the ftp program.

Plus my work group in xbmc shows those systems that are networked including the mac but once i gointo the mac, i cant see the shared folders.ITs all empty.

any advice.
thanks alot!
Apple added hash methods to her daap protocol on iTunes v6 and v7. XBMC 2.0.x has solved the problem with new daap protocol on iTunes v6, but with iTunes v7 there are new problems to solve since it's impossible to connect to it without any other iTunes v7 (v6 is not compatible with it, too), so there are only two ways:

a) use Samba to access iTunes Library from XBMC (i recommend to you to use SharePoints, a GPL Control Pannel that make really easy to configure SMB shares)
b) downgrade to iTunes v6 (no CoveramaHuh Never!!!! :p)
ok i have sharepoints but dont know how to configure it very well.
now will the album art show up in xbmc too?
Does anyone have Firefly working on Mac OS X and serving to XBMC 2.0.1? I have Firefly svn-1498 running and iTunes on another Mac can see it. However, XBMC says it can't connect even though I have the IP and all set correctly. Anyone have this working currently?
Limewire / frostwire (p2p filesharing programs) can connect to itunes shares accross the network.. is this knowledge helpful?
I can almost guarantee you that it is not using DAAP to connect to iTunes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I am currently running XBMC 2.0 and while I know that ITunes 7 isn't supported on it, I was wondering if the latest update did?

thanks.
I read the changelog from 2/26 build and it didn't say anything about itunes 7 also google is your friend: http://www.google.com/search?q=xbmc+itun...tartPage=1
Firefly reads the iTunes XML files and then serves up your playlist as (what I assume is) a daap share. Use daap to connect to it from XBMC. I think this is the easiest work-around to the difficulty getting iTunes 7 daap support in XBMC

Struggled getting Firefly Media Server to work. Tip off of the Firefly forum gave a quick fix.

Firefly for windows comes with the default port set to 9999. For some reason, while you can set the port in XBMC when specifying the daap server, IT WILL ONLY CONNECT TO PORT 3689, the default iTunes port. So, change the port on Firefly to 3689 and you will have no problem connecting XBMC to your PC Firefly server.

Hope this helps someone.

firefly home: http://www.fireflymediaserver.org/
download most recent: http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/
Ok here is the status of itunes 7 with firefly media center for windows

although currently beta it works fine as long as you change the port to 3689 (the default itunes port). For windows you need to install a program called bonjour from apple (which I'm hoping is just for ease of programming and not the source for daap support) I had trouble getting the playlists to work so I just used a program called itunes export to export them to m3u. This is a nightly build so hopefully it will work for everyone else. As usual encrypted music doesnt work.

Also if there are any programmers around this server works fine with itunes 7.0.2 and XBMC so you might want to send them an email or at least look at there code since they claim to be open source. Since this works in windows, mac, and linux you might even what to just put there code straight into XBMC since i figure its based off of one of those although I wont pretend that's easy to get to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple iTunes 7 support (DAAP client with iTunes 7 compatibility)0