Apple iTunes 7 support (DAAP client with iTunes 7 compatibility)
sry mac support for firefly is coming soon my mistake
Server != Client.

XBMC is a client. No client that I know of interfaces with iTunes 7.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Why not make xbmc be both a server and a client. That was what I was saying or just take the xml reading to be able to make the thing work.
Ok here is the status of itunes 7 with firefly media center for windows

although currently beta it works fine as long as you change the port to 3689 (the default itunes port). For windows you need to install a program called bonjour from apple (which I'm hoping is just for ease of programming and not the source for daap support) I had trouble getting the playlists to work so I just used a program called itunes export to export them to m3u. This is a nightly build so hopefully it will work for everyone else. As usual encrypted music doesnt work.

Also if there are any programmers around this server works fine with itunes 7.0.2 and XBMC so you might want to send them an email or at least look at there code since they claim to be open source. Since this works in windows, mac, and linux you might even what to just put there code straight into XBMC since i figure its based off of one of those although I wont pretend that's easy to get to work.
Sorry to bring this back alive again, but I check the google search and there does not seem to be anything new there.

Does anyone know if there are any plans to get iTunes7 working in my most treasured XBMC ?
No, there is not, and there never will be seeing as Apple refuses to open their protocols.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

But LimeWire p2p software can communicate with XBMC..
Surely this means it's in somebodies knowledge to communicate the other way... Nod
Just installed Firefly. It is a nice workaround. Has anyone figured out how to hide the song ID? Any chance of metadata and/or artwork?
Finally had to upgrade to itunes 7 as I bought a new ipod. Installed Bonjour and Firefly, changed the firefly port to 3689 and viola it all worked fine. I can see my itunes playlists, the artwork still comes up, very pleased, surprised it was so easy, not sure why I stalled doing this before.
Yeah, Firefly is pretty awesome. I've been using it since 7 came out and its worked pretty flawlessly.
Has anyone successfully managed to get Firefly serving up music to XBMC?

I using a default install of Firefly (mt-daapd) on Debian Linux installed on a SLUG.

Using Rhythmbox on Ubuntu Linux I am able to connect to Firefly and play music just fine. Although I see ALL my music, I cannot see the playlists I have created in Firefly.

In XBMC (SVN-r10070), it does find Firefly when I add a new Music Media Source. I can see and add each Playlist as a source but when I click the Playlist name there is nothing underneath it. I cannot figure how to play the Playlist either. Am I doing something wrong.

I believe it is XBMC that is the issue here, as mentioned earlier in the thread its probably because the DAAP implementation is not up-to-date.
so here we are a year later. What's the word on iTunes 7 and XBMC using DAAP?
Still no open source solution (read open source "library").

Blame Apple. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITunes
Quote:With the release of iTunes 7.0, Apple changed their implementation of DAAP. This change prevents any third-party client, such as a computer running Linux, a modified Xbox, or any computer without iTunes installed, from connecting to a remote iTunes repository. iTunes will still connect as a client to other iTunes servers and to third-party servers.
Closed and proprietary protocols are bad, ...mmmmmmkay Stare
K, figured out the last one on my own AFTER I posted the help question. But now I've run into something new.

I'm running the 1-13-2008 version of XBMC (latest out) and I enjoy it. The menus are nicer and everything, and Youtube 2 actually works as opposed to the older versions I've used. However, I can't connect to my iTunes DAAP.

I used to know how to do it by editing the sources.xml file, but it's not there anymore.

Can someone step me through this, please? The FAQ site isn't exactly up to date on it.

Thanks.
The newer versions of iTunes don't support this anymore. I don't think it's possible.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple iTunes 7 support (DAAP client with iTunes 7 compatibility)0