• 24(current)
SiliconDust HDHomeRun Networked Digital Cable TV / HDTV Tuner support built-into XBMC
I have a very useable hdhomerun setup on linux with this "foodchain"

1) hdhomerun lib from silicon dust
2) Build/install dvb_hdhomerun dvb drivers
3) Buid/install tvheadend ( has a current pvr for xbmc )
4) build/install pvr.addons and select HTS TVheadend as your pvr

I use Git repo's ( bult from today ) all works. Now TV shows up as menu and you can use the tvheadend web site to configure channels and epg ( and recording if you like ) I have a perl script that was taling raw MPG2 and running comskip, saving CC's , recompressing all into an MKV and making an edl ( edit list ) for xbmc to skip commercials. Comskip linux port was still doing poorly but the whole process worked. I need CC and the internal transcode does not get it.
(2013-10-14, 15:48)Hedda Wrote:
(2013-10-12, 14:31)Ned Scott Wrote: In the long run, it should be 100% to have a PVR add-on for HDHomeRun Prime without any backend! The entire thing can be done with python scripts, the HDHome Run Prime's UPnP/DLNA server, and the HTTP commands to trigger recordings.
hmm, does XBMC's PVR API currently already support PVR Addons written in Python Script yet or?

If it is a only a C API now then it needs to be expanded first to also support Python PVR Addons?

There are plans to expand the PVR API to be able to use python PVR add-ons, but this wouldn't necessarily require the PVR API to work. It could run as a simple "programs" add-on. Something like PseudoTV with some extra buttons and scripts.
(2013-10-12, 14:31)Ned Scott Wrote: One would hope there would be a 12.3 release, but there are a lot of needless internal politics going on about it, and I wouldn't bet on it at this point.

I use the STRM files like one normally would. I used some STRM perl or python generator a while back, and it make the files.

In the long run, it should be 100% to have a PVR add-on for HDHomeRun Prime without any backend! The entire thing can be done with python scripts, the HDHome Run Prime's UPnP/DLNA server, and the HTTP commands to trigger recordings.

I would like to personally (myself, not as a part of Team XBMC) try and set up some crowd source fundraising and find people who would like to work on the needed scripts. Silicon Dust has already given us all the tools we need, and we could realistically see this in the near future

are the tools that Silicon Dust provided public?
As far as I know.
guys, Just curious,

can we access HDhometun prime over the internet remotely, if the upload speed is high?

in other words can we access HDhomerun prime on the go in IOS/Android devices?

thanks in advance.
My Sample XML---> http://goo.gl/XUxPzB
XBMC Team need donation, please donate.....!
"We all should grateful to XBMC Team and addons/plugins developers, They are the people did most of the hard work to develop such a great open source media center."

(2013-11-11, 05:50)fireeater Wrote: guys, Just curious,

can we access HDhometun prime over the internet remotely, if the upload speed is high?

thanks in advance.
i've heard good things about this . depending on your up stream and VPN it shouldnt be an issue.
(2013-11-13, 15:43)bry- Wrote:
(2013-11-11, 05:50)fireeater Wrote: guys, Just curious,

thanks in advance.
i've heard good things about this . depending on your up stream and VPN it shouldnt be an issue.

Thank you for the great info and for the android app.
My Sample XML---> http://goo.gl/XUxPzB
XBMC Team need donation, please donate.....!
"We all should grateful to XBMC Team and addons/plugins developers, They are the people did most of the hard work to develop such a great open source media center."

What is the current proper/working/recommended procedure for generating the requisite .strm files to use with XBMC for a HDHomeRun Dual?

I've tried using the "HDHomerun Stream Builder" (on Windows) but it seems to be assuming the presence and/or availability of something called "MC2XML" and the one and only link I found to that lead me to a dead end (and an Apache "Internal Server Errior"), so I don't know where to obtain that thing.

I also tried using a Perl script called hdhr-mkchan.pl, but that seems to be only for UNIX systems (e.g. it uses the "which" command, which does not exist on Windows, as far as I know), however that seems to assume the presence and/or availability of an executable called "hdhomerun_config" on the host UNIX system. I do have such an executable on my Windows system, but I have no idea where to obtain a binary of hdhomerun_config that will run on a UNIX system.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd even be glad to just generate the .strm files by hand, if somebody would just be kind enough to describe for me the proper procedure for doing that.
(2014-02-18, 14:28)ronbaby Wrote: What is the current proper/working/recommended procedure for generating the requisite .strm files to use with XBMC for a HDHomeRun Dual?

I've tried using the "HDHomerun Stream Builder" (on Windows) but it seems to be assuming the presence and/or availability of something called "MC2XML" and the one and only link I found to that lead me to a dead end (and an Apache "Internal Server Errior"), so I don't know where to obtain that thing.

I also tried using a Perl script called hdhr-mkchan.pl, but that seems to be only for UNIX systems (e.g. it uses the "which" command, which does not exist on Windows, as far as I know), however that seems to assume the presence and/or availability of an executable called "hdhomerun_config" on the host UNIX system. I do have such an executable on my Windows system, but I have no idea where to obtain a binary of hdhomerun_config that will run on a UNIX system.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd even be glad to just generate the .strm files by hand, if somebody would just be kind enough to describe for me the proper procedure for doing that.

@ronbaby - this should help point you in the right direction. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=160904 also once you have the strm files I would suggest you check out [url=
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=169032][FORK] "PseudoTV Live" w/ LiveTV, InternetTV and added Strm Support[/url]
I'm considering getting the HDHR4-2US dual tuner model for tuning OTA brodcasts. Is there a way to generate stream files that will automatically select the tuner that is not in use? For example, we may be watching one channel on ont TV, but want to tune in to another on another TV. As far as I can see from the searches I have found, the tuner number must be part of the stream url.
(2015-01-15, 21:20)pcdude Wrote: I'm considering getting the HDHR4-2US dual tuner model for tuning OTA brodcasts. Is there a way to generate stream files that will automatically select the tuner that is not in use? For example, we may be watching one channel on ont TV, but want to tune in to another on another TV. As far as I can see from the searches I have found, the tuner number must be part of the stream url.

The new units can automatically handle tuner allocation is you use UPnP or HTTP based urls. We no longer need to include specific tuners in the URL. UPnP doesn't even need STRM files and will automatically update channels and everything in Kodi.
(2015-01-15, 21:27)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 21:20)pcdude Wrote: I'm considering getting the HDHR4-2US dual tuner model for tuning OTA brodcasts. Is there a way to generate stream files that will automatically select the tuner that is not in use? For example, we may be watching one channel on ont TV, but want to tune in to another on another TV. As far as I can see from the searches I have found, the tuner number must be part of the stream url.

The new units can automatically handle tuner allocation is you use UPnP or HTTP based urls. We no longer need to include specific tuners in the URL. UPnP doesn't even need STRM files and will automatically update channels and everything in Kodi.

Thanks. But if you do want to create stream files, to group the channels with other streams in your video sources for example, is there a way to specify in the url to use auto-allocation? Don't some of the addons such as the TV Guide need straam files as well?

@pcdude - I can generate strm files for you if you set the hdhr to a static ip via dhcp reservation. just let me know.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Yes, you can use UPnP URLs in the STRM files.
Are there any plans for the developers to add recording capability? I'm looking for a solution besides WMC since it's not supported in Win 10. I record and save some sporting events for permanent archival so I can't use something like TIVO either. Has to be saved to my own hard drives.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiliconDust HDHomeRun Networked Digital Cable TV / HDTV Tuner support built-into XBMC1