• 4(current)
SiliconDust HDHomeRun Networked Digital Cable TV / HDTV Tuner support built-into XBMC
I case there are other Bay Area xbmc/HDHomeRun users; this information might be handy:

02 KTVU.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=114&program=1
03 KNTV.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=84&program=1
04 KRON.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=114&program=2
05 KPIX.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=114&program=3
06 KICU.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=84&program=2
07 KGO7.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=114&program=4
09 KQED.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=117&program=3
13 TV20.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=114&program=7
149 Movieplex.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=93&program=13
29 Discovery.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=107&program=3
56 CNN.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=119&program=7
483 TV One.strm - hdhomerun://1010E8C2/tuner0?tune=119&program=5
it does support video information based on xml in nfo files. checkout our online manual. however it is only updated when you scan a file into library, so it's probably not usable.

you could generate a pls or m3u file wich contain the streams then you could make it generate titles based on what is currently playing. you wouldn't get thumbnails for the programs then thou.

give me a hollar when anybody has tested it. currently I think they start playing in mplayer, should probably be changed to dvdplayer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ultrabrutal Wrote:I guess this will benefit the tuxbox code also? I can only provide you with some samples from dvb-s, different resolutions with commercials. Let me know if you need anything.
Interlace handling set to "auto" does not work properly for interlaced ts on a progressive screen. I think the best result is gained by using bob but it's trivial having to select bob and auto/none in other cases.
Tnx

@ultrabrutal & @elupus

I would love full support for the Tuxbox/Dbox and I could offer you access to my own Box or donate money for a test box

Basically scripts already exist but they are just scripts and not a full implememntation. UPD Streaming is also possible now ;-)
I will think about how to write better TV support in xbmc. It will probably be done by extending dvdplayer. But as it is, I don't have a tuner. The dreambox is interesting, but i've always rejected it since it has no support for even receiving hdtv channels and streaming them. Also double tuners have always been a must for me, so it's kinda out of the question.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Elupus:
the dreambox dm-7025 has dual tunner ( the second one being an add-in option card )
the dreambox dm-8000 with hd support is just arround the corner.
dm-8000 has been around the corner a couple of years hasn't it Smile. also it's going to be like 4000 or more.

I want a europe version of hdhomebox Sad.. Sadly I seem to be very alone (i'm the only one in the usergroup for it on their forum).

@Eluplus

Have you got Sat/Cable or terestial TV ..?

I assume if we all add some money we could supply you with a dbox quite easy
elupus Wrote:dm-8000 has been around the corner a couple of years hasn't it Smile. also it's going to be like 4000 or more.

I want a europe version of hdhomebox Sad.. Sadly I seem to be very alone (i'm the only one in the usergroup for it on their forum).

Yeah! but this year they showcased it at CeBit! ( and it was working! )not vapourware anymore Smile
pt-1 Wrote:@Eluplus

Have you got Sat/Cable or terestial TV ..?

I assume if we all add some money we could supply you with a dbox quite easy

the donation part must be sorted out!! I tried to donate money for two times, and it came back.. I posted this on the forum but no one seemed to care..
In general we don't think much about donations, as they normally go to hosting and such. us developers don't take anything out of it normally. There has been exceptions, as in the case of the dvdplayer. And in this case the hdhomerun (thou i've not taken it out as I intend to sell it unless i get a europe version).

We have talked about bounties abit on the team, but there is no general consensus about how to handle it. Think we'll start accepting it more thou.

finas, I'm sorry to hear that. They guy who is in charge of donations hasn't been very active for some time. Abit hard to get ahold of him at times. If you restate your problem i'll forward it.

@Eluplus

I have posted some stuff here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=23834
I'm going Camping this weekend, and somehow I think my friends would give me a hard time if I brought a computer, an EVDO card, the xbox, a television, and a generator Laugh

I'm hoping T3CH won't disappoint this weekend and that I'll be able to test out HDHR support on Monday Nod
anyone able to set this up? i tried using the path hdhomerun://deviceid.... the one that was in the changelog, but didn't work, anyone got it to work?
did you try just hdhomerun://

then you should be able to atleast browse to your device (I assume now you have a new enough build)

yea i have the new build, and i didnt try that, in the changelog notes it doens't show where to put the actuall channel, i see the virtual channel (or program channel)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SiliconDust HDHomeRun Networked Digital Cable TV / HDTV Tuner support built-into XBMC1