CPU idle thread with HLT instruction (Discussion, Problems here please)
pike Wrote:@ Ossiostborn, yes I'm curious aswell... maybe the HDD I use is kind, it's a Samsung Spinpoint
It seems like with the new T3CH Release (8103) new changes have been introduced which weren't integrated in the last T3CH version yet (but in your self-compiled). So I had another decrease with the new version! Great! Wink

Here are my new measurings:

XBMC without HLT idle (rev7731-T3CH): 69W
XBMC without HLT playing music (rev7731-T3CH): 69W

XMBC with HLT enabled idle (rev8014-T3CH): 63W
XMBC with HLT enabled playing music (rev8014-T3CH): 62-64W

XMBC with HLT enabled idle (rev8103-T3CH): 56W
XMBC with HLT enabled playing music (rev8103-T3CH): 57-60W

I love XBMC Smile !
Alex
cool, I forgot to point out that I used a SVN (but I did say which date I used)

It's GREEN days Eek

I'm hoping I will convince a dev to make a GREEN screensaver, a screensaver that hopefully can sleep the GPU (today the Black screensaver just shows a black image ontop of the UI), but this will require some changes to the screensaver API.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah, a screensaver which doesn't need much resources and thus doesn't heat up cpu/gpu/hdd would be absolutely awesome!
My XBOX built into a Sony Hifi CD-Player Case
XBOX Hifi Media Center Picture Gallery

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pike Wrote:I'm hoping I will convince a dev to make a GREEN screensaver, a screensaver that hopefully can sleep the GPU (today the Black screensaver just shows a black image ontop of the UI), but this will require some changes to the screensaver API.
Such an "Greensaver" would be really nice Big Grin .

@paulmedynski: Why don't you set your fan to 10% manually? But you're right, an automatic fan control combined with HDD and GPU, too, would be perfect...

Alex
I'd been having some cooling issues lately due to something i hadn't gotten around to fixing, so my cpu temps were really high, around 160F alot of the time, but now they've plummeted to about 105...friggin amazing
Hello,

I'd like to install this patch but I don't know how. I can't find any guides or instructions for patch install. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
Just update a recent SVN build. It's in there. No need to do any patching yourself
yeah, no idea how to do that Blush
Just wait until the next t3ch release then, or whatever you use when you upgrade your t3ch release. If you're still unsure, go read the documentation... it's all in there.
Would it be possible to just shut off the gpu?

What would the end result be on the tv?
blakholephysics Wrote:Would it be possible to just shut off the gpu?

What would the end result be on the tv?

I'm not sure, but i think that if this would be posible only you get a frezze image since the RamDAC, who is the real responsable to send the data to your TV/Monitor, is still working... Yes, it would be a good idea if possible, but i think is not Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CPU idle thread with HLT instruction (Discussion, Problems here please)0