PLEASE HELP !! M8 Tv Box Stuck on Boot Logo / MBOX Logo
Hi I have ( more like HAD ) an M8 Tv Box, Which was still running XMBC so I decided to reset it from settings to clear everything and download Kodi and the new stuff, After the Reset was finished, The M8 got stuck on the Boot Logo / MBOX Logo , I waited for like 45 minutes but nothing happened, Tried resetting / wipe data with the recovery mode but nothing , I have tried putting stock firmware with SD Card but it is not finding the SD Card ... Anyone out there able to help me out? Can even pay... Thanks in advance
google freaktab , ask there
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Done already but no one replied yet Sad
(2015-12-09, 14:52)Kruztc Wrote: Done already but no one replied yet Sad

i have a few M8 boxes, i run Openelec on them, i install via USB or SD in recovery, both work, if you cant get your SD working use a USB, insert pin, get into recovery, update via a USB drive, you can navigate recovery with the back and menu buttons iirc, not exactly the best buttons since iirc back is actually the "OK" button while in recovery.

try using http://amlinux.ru/image/6.0.0/OpenELEC-A...-6.0.0.zip (this is assuming you have an amlogic S802 M8, which i think you probably do)

it needs to be unzipped on to the USB/SD card to be flashed. Good Luck
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
I do have the S802 yes, do you have skype maybe we can chat easier? I don't understand much from what you told me to do as I am no expert Big Grin Thanks alot for your help till now , really appreciated, will keep you updated.
I have managed to do what you said but after the install update was complete it became a black screen and nothing happened.
Sorry, cant do that.

Where are you getting stuck?

If you can just get a SD card formatted FAT32 with the file i listed above unzipped on it. Insert it into device, reboot into recovery, it should do the rest on its own... where are you getting stuck?
after it completed the file u sent me, it got to black screen and now not even entering recovery mode ;/
you'll have to goto freaktab website and look at the M8 section, there are many many write ups on what you need to do to get up and running, if its bricked, it obviously wasnt an s802 m8 from mbox, its still easy to get it back up and going, your just going to have to do some reading on that site.
and for some reason the the box is making my TV Change from HDMI 4 to HDMI 1..
I posted on freaktab before I posted here but no one seems able to help me out there and very few people saw my post too...
After Long hours trying and switching Usbs and SD Cards I managed to install the file you sent, But the movies stop working after few minutes . Also is there I way I can get the normal M8 Firmare, which i have Google and youtube applications?

Thanks
glad you got it working, if your looking for other firmware, here isnt the place, goto freaktab theres a few for this box, none work well imo, But Openelec is flawless on the M8 for kodi. not sure what you mean about movies stopping, that doesnt happen to me, it plays everything perfect here.
I put some movies to test and after like 5 minutes they stop playing , Everything i power the M8 the TV changes from HDMI 4 to HDMI 1 on its own then i have to change it back, Also is there anyways to get youtube and google on Openelec?
(2015-12-09, 23:49)Kruztc Wrote: I put some movies to test and after like 5 minutes they stop playing , Everything i power the M8 the TV changes from HDMI 4 to HDMI 1 on its own then i have to change it back, Also is there anyways to get youtube and google on Openelec?

couldnt tell you why its doing that, not standard behaviour for that box, did you try and plug it into HDMI 1 instead? i play full 1:1 iso bluray files no issues streaming over WIFI on mine so im not sure what to tell you, i think there is a youtube addon in the offical kodi repository? no browser support in openelec, just KODI like i said look at freaktab for a android version, i think finless 1.8 or something is android for that box.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PLEASE HELP !! M8 Tv Box Stuck on Boot Logo / MBOX Logo0