Bug Guisettings
This is not strictly a bug but it has the potential to cause a lot of problems especially on Android/Linux systems.

When a video stream is stopped, Kodi does a complete dump of it's guisettings from memory to the guisettings.xml file. Having spoken to a few people that use android and linux boxes, a lot of them will exit out of the stream before they turn it off. Since the boxes themselves don't seem to write immediately you end up with a corrupted guisettings file which means things like video calibration or shortcuts are lost when you turn it back on.

Is there any way to stop the writting to the guisettings except when a setting is actually changed?
Do you mean they cut the power just after having watched something?
yeah, for example, if they're watching a live stream of bbc1, they will stop it to return to the menu and then just press the power off button. I tested the scenario and on the PC it obviously makes no difference as it's near enough instant to write the file but on an Android box using an internal SD storage the guisettings file corrupts. It's obviously caused by the write caching for the storage but i can't see any necessity for the guisettings file to be written when the stream is stopped. If that can be stopped from happening, the guisettings would have less chance of become corrupted.
You mean they will stop the stream and MANUALLY HOLD the power button on the device?

Cause I see absolutely no way, that Kodi shuts down before it finishes doing all of it's tasks if using the shut down menu.
That's the problem, they're not using the shutdown menu, they are pressing the power button on the remote which is powering off the unit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Guisettings0