Integrate encrypted streaming addons into Kodi's library
Hey guys,

I've been thinking about how it would be possible to still have library entries while using the apps for those protected streaming services (ie Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Hulu, etc; on Android of course). I came up with this: Would it be possible to create strm-files for each episode/movie and point these to the apps? Preferably straight to the content, so if I want to watch "The Wire S03E01" the HBO Now App should open and start playing that episode.

Another way to do this could be to open the corresponding site in a browser, but the apps don't seem to want to step it when "their" websites are being opened (at least for me). I know it works for some sites/apps (e.g. open YouTube either in a browser or use the corresponding app to watch a video), but I don't know what that depends on and how we could force the apps to intervene once such links are being opened.

Do you guys think this could be possible?
What you want is playon browser by @Lunatixz. Obviously requires a Playon.tv license as well as a windows machine on the network. Take a look at his collection of addons and give it a go. Very responsive dev as long as you provide logs and read the documentation.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I know about playon, but I don't want a second device just to run it. I plan on buying a streaming player that runs android so I can use those services without a problem.
Do you think he (specifically) could help me with my request?
(2015-12-12, 00:28)bry- Wrote: What you want is playon browser by @Lunatixz. Obviously requires a Playon.tv license as well as a windows machine on the network. Take a look at his collection of addons and give it a go. Very responsive dev as long as you provide logs and read the documentation.

I am unable to play anything through the playon browser. can you help?
I use super favorites and created a android apps library so no addon used except super favorites like a file manager. So with access to my app library with the eminance skin, I am having success using the hulu app and the netfilx app but utube has buffering issues while playing and a amazon video app won't connect at all.
KODI 18 on a fire tv cube. Aura(18) skin. Trakt supporter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Integrate encrypted streaming addons into Kodi's library0