Case LEDs on/off with video playback
I don't know where to start finding info, or how to start going about this...

I want my case LEDs (of whatever form will be workable, none at the moment) to power on and off with video playback in Kodi.

ie I start a movie, the case LEDs power off. Movie ends, lights come back on.

Is this possible? What'd be the best way to go about it?

Edit: I should say, by 'case LEDs' I mean something such as an LED strip, etc to light the inside of the case up - not power/hdd LEDs.

Moused
How are they controlled now? Is there anything interfacing them with software? If not then we'll need to first look at something like a micro controller.
if you're running linux, you should be able to control all LEDs listed in /sys/class/leds/
it'll depend on your hardware which ones can be turned on/off.

here's an example for the rPi:
http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/que...y-software
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-12-13, 04:57)Ned Scott Wrote: How are they controlled now? Is there anything interfacing them with software? If not then we'll need to first look at something like a micro controller.

I don't have anything set up at the moment, so completely open to what'll be the most elegant solution.

I know most RGB LED strips come with software - the hiccup I see is turning them off as video playback starts.

As for Linux - I'm running a Windows setup Sad

Edit: I should say, by 'case LEDs' I mean something such as an LED strip, etc to light the inside of the case up - not power/hdd LEDs.
Assuming most of the inexpensive LED options are just connecting to 5 or 12 volts inside the case, I would guess something like a USB controlled relay board would be an easy/cheap bet. Basically a single-purpose micro controller already set up to generically toggle something on/off via a program. I saw a bunch on ebay by just searching for "USB relay", but I don't know how easy it would be to have Kodi toggle whatever program it uses. It's always been one of those things I've thought about doing for other projects, but never actually got around to doing.
I dont this willbe helpfull or not but i found Kodi Entertainment Center LITE (XBMC) which have feature of LED lightings colour dependant on the movie name.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Case LEDs on/off with video playback0