Windows 10 and kodi
--
(2015-12-14, 19:43)JNRW Wrote: And the seasonal prize for persistence, patience and tremendous goodwill goes to Professor Yaffle. Good on yer!

Just trying to be helpful (though I'm by no means a Windows expert), but thanks!

(2015-12-14, 20:19)anno006 Wrote: The log is a clean log from startup.

It looks to me like you turned debugging on while Kodi was running, rather than enabling it and then starting Kodi - that's what I meant by "clean debug log from start".

(2015-12-14, 20:19)anno006 Wrote: The problem whit the bsod is that it isn't in the logs. Only the word in the bsod.

Windows 7 used to have something in the Startup options (same dialog as the paging options - system properties?) that allowed you to:

1. Set whether an event was written on a system failure
2. Determine the type of dump file written
3. Stop the machine from immediately rebooting

... so if Win10 has those (I can't check at the moment), then it would be worth using them. Knowing what "the word in the bsod" is will be half the battle.

(2015-12-14, 20:19)anno006 Wrote: I did today a reinstall of windows 10 (update automatically updated windows). So clean windows, clean kodi and still the bsod. Also check the ssd, no problems found.

You could restore the system to a point before those updates, and see if Kodi still causes the issue. Or you could uninstall the updates one at a time until you find the problem child.

(2015-12-14, 20:19)anno006 Wrote: As of the numbers of the updates, I don't know. I did install some yesterday, but it didn't help.

A quick glance at those - and some are quite old - and most seem to be security fixes or localisation fixes of some kind. Nothing immediately obvious or that I'd link to a system crash, although we really need to see the stop error to know where to look...
what version are your Nvidia drivers and dont say the latest as depending on the card depends on the drivers you get.
I'm sad to say from my experience since Windows 10 (1511) Kodi's current stable Kodi v15 releases has proven anything but in terms of video playback and Kodi 16.0 beta's only work fine without hw acceleration, I've demoted Kodi to an audio only player hoping all will be well when 16.0 leaves beta.
@anno006 - could you please stop editing your posts and emptying them out? It's impossible to follow the discussion this way.
Yeah Nvidia based blue screens are pretty frequent dependant on drivers
if that's the case, could you try using stock Windows drivers? I'm sorry, but these are only guesses, as that's all we can do without any info in logs or a crashlog/dump.
Yeah i agree, im gona build a system on saturday and try and emulate the crashes and post logs and full specs to try n help.

Thats to help the developers solve their problem not uncooperative people.
I'm suffering too, finally bit the bullet and upgraded to windows 10 last week and now if I leave kodi to idle it just freezes (watching video and if i'm just doing something it seems fine), this is on bog standard 15.2, tried the directx 11 version which wasn't much help, 16 beta 4 would sometimes lock up and the menu lists would be empty when it did so.

I have an nvidia card (GTX 960 v359.06 drivers), disabled hardware acceleration but that hasn't helped

Stack trace is
Code:
Thread 3240 (process 4572)
# 0 RaiseException
# 1
# 2
# 3
# 4
# 5 SetManipulationInputTarget
# 6 CallWindowProcW
# 7 DispatchMessageW
# 8 PeekMessageW
# 9 KiUserCallbackDispatcher
#10 DispatchMessageA
#16 BaseThreadInitThunk
#17 RtlUnicodeStringToInteger
#18 RtlUnicodeStringToInteger

another one
Code:
Thread 1932 (process 12064)
# 0 RaiseException
# 1
# 2
# 3
# 4
# 5
# 6
# 7
# 8 timeGetTime
# 9
#14 BaseThreadInitThunk
#15 RtlUnicodeStringToInteger
#16 RtlUnicodeStringToInteger

and another
Code:
Thread 8280 (process 6392)
# 0 RtlEnterCriticalSection
# 1
# 2
# 3
# 4
# 5
# 6
# 7
# 8 BaseThreadInitThunk
# 9 RtlUnicodeStringToInteger
#10 RtlUnicodeStringToInteger

Kodi is the primary interface for this machine as it is my media center PC so this really sucks, been using kodi/xbmc without much problems for 3-4yrs and bought a new system a few months back as it's now my gaming centre too, mostly posting here to see if anyone comes back with a fix
@loggin
Your issue looks like this and seems to related to optimus technology.
Thanks at least you made me look, after doing a DDU reinstall of the nvidia drivers last night the primary display driver was now the intel HD graphics, forgotten it was there, think on win 8.1 i could disable it so it never showed but haven't found the way in win 10 other than disabling the drivers, which i tried to see if that did anything but alas no. However for no particular reason i decided to disable the rss ticker and so far so good, will report back in a couple of days on whether it remains successful or not (even got hardware acceleration switched back on)
So far, so good, no crashes since disabling the RSS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 and kodi0