Android DD 5.1 and DTS passthrough not working (Kodi on Sony AndroidTV with HDMI ARC)
Whoops! Sorry, wrong forum.
Yesterday I installed v17 RC on my Sony KD-55X8509C running android tv 5.1.1.

On v16. I had no problems with the passtrough but on v17 DD5.1 works but dts only gives pcm...
(2017-01-04, 08:53)Supernovasx Wrote: Yesterday I installed v17 RC on my Sony KD-55X8509C running android tv 5.1.1.

On v16. I had no problems with the passtrough but on v17 DD5.1 works but dts only gives pcm...
Then there is no problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-01-04, 08:55)Martijn Wrote:
(2017-01-04, 08:53)Supernovasx Wrote: Yesterday I installed v17 RC on my Sony KD-55X8509C running android tv 5.1.1.

Then there is no problem

There is, Dts is not working?
Android 5 doesn't support DTS so it will not work. Start reading on this topic as it has been covered to many times
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Ok strange, why did dts work om v16 then?
Why not just reast the first post of a sticky topic completely and ask questions for the parts you don't understand: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2408984
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Really frustrated about this. My android tv is W800C and I am on expert mode and I couldnt see the option to enable passthrough. In netflix it work.

My reciever is denon x1300

Any help guys?
scroll all the way down when in audio settings
The Kodi devs are really frustrated by the quality of Firmware that even large Multinational Android TV (Philips, Sony) and Android media player manufacturers are churning out with little care taken to follow Google Application Programming Interface standards properly.

Suggestion - go to the START HERE thread and read what is contain within and also following the links.

Yup. Already did that. Uninstall and reinstall. Still its not showing thw option to enable it.
Update your TV to Android 6, and you will have a working DD passthrough. Unfortunately not DTS.
And if you update to the shitty version you will also have DTS with the pcm hack!
I have the same issue on the Sony 55XD8599 and the home theater HT-RT3.
Although I did all you told above, I still get either static noise or 2-ch (no surround).
Could you tell me the exact settings that you have?
I guys!
I try to use Kodi from the TV. It's a Sony XD8099, running Android MM .
No way to get any audio from Kodi (version is 17.1 Krypton).
The TV is connected through HDMI cable to my Marantz NR 1605 AVR, using obviously the HDMI-Arc port (#3).
I have to say that, using the same configuration, the Netflix app running on the TV works perfectly, sending back to the AVR DD+ 5.1 audio stream (as I can see on the AVR display).
Using Kodi, instead, no sound out from my 5.1 speakers!
I try to change Kodi settings in many ways, but the result doesn't change. I already configure successfully Kodi on other devices at my home (a couple of mediaplayer, a RPI2, two Android tablets and a Windows10 PC....), but never this issue occurs....

Any ideas or suggestion? I don't know if the same behavior is obtained running other Kodi forks like SPMC...
Thanks!

Andrea

P.S.
It's not really a problem, tipically I run Kodi from my Wetek Play2 without any problems, obtaining full digital audio streaming (DD, DTS, DTS-MA, DD TrueHD).. It's only to understand ....
thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DD 5.1 and DTS passthrough not working (Kodi on Sony AndroidTV with HDMI ARC)0