Can't play audio files
Sad 
Hey, gang.
I have all my media on a remote server that I've been connecting to on my Kodi device via sftp.
I added the sftp source to my video sources and was able to scan and scrape the content so that it all appeared in my movie library without issue.
Playback of this content also seems to be fine.

The problem is with the audio content.
I added the same path via sftp for the music section as I did for video.
It doesn't seem to be a connection issue as I can navigate through all the folders in the remote directory. However, when I attempt to play any of the files I get no playback at all. Also, attempting to scan this content seems to go through all the regular motions but doesn't actually add anything to the library and the "library mode" section remains greyed out.

I've included a log file with debugging enabled in which I attempt to play one of my audio files after start up (then there is some other nonsense in the log that you can probably ignore).
Debug Log
I can't really get any useful information from the log myself. All I can gather is that some sort of unhandled exception is getting thrown when the file is trying to be opened, something that doesn't happen with my video files.

Just let me know what additional information I might provide to narrow down the possible issues.
Thanks for your time, everyone!
Is your network OK? You seem to be experiencing errors when connecting to non-sftp sites:
Code:
09:06:02  12.015639 T:1699394624   ERROR: Open - Unhandled exception
09:06:02  12.015876 T:1699394624   ERROR: Open - Error opening http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/addons.xml.md5
09:06:02  12.016012 T:1699394624   ERROR: Failed to fetch checksum for directory listing http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/gotham/addons.xml for repository repository.xbmc.org.

And as you know you're getting these same "Unhandled exception" errors when connecting to your sftp site, so it looks like a basic networking error of some kind - unfortunately "Unhandled exception" isn't very helpful in terms of identifying what the error might be.

Enable "Verbose logging for the libCURL library" in System > Logging > Enable component-specific logging, then upload a new debug log as this may produce more useful information.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for the response, Milhouse. You're probably right about this being a network problem of some kind. Hmm...
Here is a new log with libCURL logging from a fresh boot up with some more failed attempts at playing audio files:
http://xbmclogs.com/pe05era5b
I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be much new info here if any though, and the other component options for logging didn't look relevant.
Any other suggestions as to how to troubleshoot this? Do you think it might be an issue with DNS settings?

Thanks again!
Just so you're not left waiting for me to reply, I'm afraid I've got no other ideas what might be causing this.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-19, 18:04)Milhouse Wrote: Just so you're not left waiting for me to reply, I'm afraid I've got no other ideas what might be causing this.

Fair enough ^_^

I'll keep digging around looking for examples of people having similar issues.
A clean install might resolve the issue and may be the simplest option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't play audio files0