Fixed Flickr Script
With Jon's consent, I had worked through the problem in his Flickr script and am pleased to say I've had the script running well for some time. I've been trying to post it to XBMC Scripts but do to a lack of returned emails from the admins there (not meaning that to sound mad since I know you guys do that site in your spare time) I haven't been able to upload it. Some of you may know me from the Actioncorp podcasts we did for Blackbolt's team on MC360 and I may be able to host the script download on our site until I can get the issue resolved with my account at XMBC Scripts. So I need to know if there is still any interest in this script. I have a few features I'm going to be adding to the script also beyond just the URL fixes that I've put in, so let me know what your thoughts are and thanks to Jon for making the script to begin with.
well, I for one am interested in it
I'd be interested in the script aswell.

Cheers.
Looks like the guys at XBMC Scripts got me fixed up (two days ago actually Blush ). I'll be packaging and uploading the script today for everyone to try out. I'm not a skinner, so if someone would be kind enough to make an MC360 style skin for this script, that would be much appreciated.
i'd appreciate that too. I can do some skinning, but i've never attempted to skin a script, and to be honest, I wouldn't know where to start....Though it would be great to find out how for something i'm working on. Are there any tutorials on skinning scripts?
if the script uses guibuilder, it's basically like doing an XBMC skin. If not, then you have to edit the script itself.
For python coding questions first see http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/
The script has been posted on XBMC Scripts but I already found an issue with it. The cache folder does not get created when the script is installed from the xbox (using the XBMC Scripts installer script). I'm guessing it's because the folder is empty so it just doesn't extract it from the archive file. I've already fixed it and re-submitted the script but for now, if you download it and it doesn't run, you need to go into the file explorer and browse to the flickr script directory. If you don't see a folder named cache, make one. Then the script should run fine.
It works OK, except the lockup you mentioned the readme.
Can't wait for an update.

Cheers.
This is the latest thread I can find on the flickr script- does the most recent version work for other people? For me it just says "oops, plese enter email address and restart", which I do and it doesn't do anything. I then cannot exit the script and have to restart the xbox.
Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a version out there that works?
I am using the latest one available on xboxscripts
I also noticed the script didn't work, so I took quick look. Seems there are two issues. First there's an updated FlickrClient (version 0.2) available, the current one uses an invalid api url. Second the script used urllib to open urls. Urllib can't handle HTTP 302 redirects, which caused it to fail. I changed it to urllib2.
I modified the script and have only tested it in XBMC_PC (rev11025) but it seems to work.
One thing that doesn't seem to work as it should, is that the downloaded images are corrupted. Don't know what caused it, or if it worked in the first place.
Anyway, give it a try.

http://rapidshare.com/files/77426498/Fli...7.zip.html
Hey hey, I have a Flickr Pro account and would like to help out with getting this script back into shape. I'm at work right now, but I'll see what I can do to help tonight Smile
Catchy Signature Here
gigantisch, looks like a good start.. I tested this today, but like you say the downloaded images seem to corrupt. The script also crashes by xbmc when you try and view a file...

This is one script I would love to see working!! Keep up the good work!

I'm more than heppy to test where needed...
Hi,

I did not talk to the original owner of the script, but I hope he doesn't mind. Smile

I was playing with this script today, and I did some changes from one of the versions I found.
The script is working now, but as I used a version with no settings screen, you have to enter your Flickr e-mail directly into the script, I'll try to fix that later.
I used that version because it does not corrupt the images.
I also added a few features I find useful, like:
- Photo information when displaying a photo (title, description, tags), it can be disabled/enabled by pressing the info button on the remote.
- Page navigation by pressing the Skip chapter, both backward and forward.

It still has a few things to be done:
- Put the settings dialog back
- Treat exceptions properly (it stops responding when an exception is not caught)

And also, I have a feature list I'd like to implement:
- Slideshow (using photo sets, tags etc)
- Search for photos using tags

As this is my first contribution to the XBMC scripts, I don't know where I can put the script to be downloaded, the http://xbmcscripts.com site is giving an error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: dmconfig in /var/www/vhosts/xbmcscripts.com/httpdocs/administrator/components/com_docman/classes/DOCMAN_config.class.php on line 88
I can host it for the time-being if you'd like. send me an e-mail or PM Wink
Catchy Signature Here
Also, I think this would be a good addition to the scripts SVN, as it would make collaboration easier.
Catchy Signature Here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fixed Flickr Script0