External player random crashing
I have been using kodi for a while now and today for some reason it started to crash any time I tried to play anything ( I only use it for local content and play with mpc-be) I couldn't figure it out and thought a clean install might help as it has done with issues in the past.

Clean install using this playercorefactory (as I stupidly forgot to backup the one that I had been using for months)

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\KCP\MPC-BE\mpc-be.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MPC-BE">
<rule internetstream="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

which I found somewhere on this site, but within a matter of seconds of opening about 95% of my videos mpc closes and kodi has crashed. Not sure how much of this is necessary but here is a log of my latest attempt, when adventure time opened and played fine but green lantern crashed within seconds
http://pastebin.com/Bb4Gzw5K

Thank you
Remove the log and use pastebin.com
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-12-21, 21:59)Red Hood Wrote: I have been using kodi for a while now and today for some reason it started to crash any time I tried to play anything ( I only use it for local content and play with mpc-be) I couldn't figure it out and thought a clean install might help as it has done with issues in the past.

Clean install using this playercorefactory (as I stupidly forgot to backup the one that I had been using for months)

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="MPC-BE" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files (x86)\KCP\MPC-BE\mpc-be.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
<playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MPC-BE">
<rule internetstream="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

which I found somewhere on this site, but within a matter of seconds of opening about 95% of my videos mpc closes and kodi has crashed. Not sure how much of this is necessary but here is a log of my latest attempt, when adventure time opened and played fine but green lantern crashed within seconds
http://pastebin.com/Bb4Gzw5K

Thank you

Is the file playing with MPC-BE when Kodi is closed?
no,this is step by step what happens
I open kodi- click a video- it begins playing with mpc -mpc closes completely- brought back to kodi screen which is unresponsive- I need to use task manager to close kodi
(2015-12-21, 22:47)Red Hood Wrote: no,this is step by step what happens
I open kodi- click a video- it begins playing with mpc -mpc closes completely- brought back to kodi screen which is unresponsive- I need to use task manager to close kodi

I was asking if MPC-BE is the problem. Kodi should close and the MPC-BE should open, unless something is wrong with MPC-BE.

Your path to MPC-BE might be wrong. Shouldn't it be this: C:\Program Files (x86)\MPC-BE\mpc-be.exe.
oh, no thats not the issue. I downloaded the kawaii codec pack http://haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.p...Codec-Pack (hence the program path), plus if it was the player that was the issue wouldn't the problem happen with all videos instead of most?

but anyway, when playing kodi doesn't close, mpc opens and maximizes but kodi is still there behind it
(2015-12-22, 12:54)Red Hood Wrote: oh, no thats not the issue. I downloaded the kawaii codec pack http://haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.p...Codec-Pack (hence the program path), plus if it was the player that was the issue wouldn't the problem happen with all videos instead of most?

but anyway, when playing kodi doesn't close, mpc opens and maximizes but kodi is still there behind it

I have used this combination for several months, and the script is quite simple -- Kodi is minimized, not closed and MPC launches fullscreen until it is closed. Kodi is never closed completely.

I would experiment with my MPC settings. Try this guide as a starting point: 209596 (thread)

If you are using the program Lancher4Kodi, that could cause problems with Window focus.

First, play the troublesome files with MPC outside of Kodi to see if they play correctly. It could be a video driver problem caused by the Windows 10 November update (this has happened to me).

Also, install this version of MPC-BE and see if that makes any difference: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=165890
I have tried what you suggested, been through various mpc settings

I dont use any additional programs just bog standard kodi and mpc external player

the files play fine if I just open them with mpc the problem only occurs when opening through kodi. I also tried different versions of my video driver just to rule it out and sure enough the same problem occurred with them all.

uninstalled mpc including running ccleaner to get rid of all traces before installing the one you linked to but still the vast majority of videos cause mpc to close and kodi to crash.

does the playercorefactory look alright? il admit I know next to nothing about them so that one was almost entirely copied from somewhere on this site
With a couple minor changes to the code, adding an additional .bat, and configuring some settings in the MPC gui, what you are trying to accomplish should be possible with flawless results.

See the link in my sig.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
So it seems like its something to do with a hard drive fault which I dont really understand as hard drive sentinel says that all my drives are healthy and the one with all my media is 97% healthy and as I said the videos play fine if opened directly. But on my last attempt when trying to add files to the library to test kodi said the folders (which have been working fine for months) are "unavailable". I moved a few of the videos that have been failing constantly to my main SSD and set kodi up with the same settings and same playercorefactory ive used in all the attempts so far and it seems to be playing things ok now so something that kodi needed to do that mpc alone doesnt clearly isnt working with that particular drive.

Update: well that was nice whilst it lasted but the problem is back, tried playing files from all 3 of my drives and its just as bad as ever
Update: this'll be my last update because frankly ive wasted enough time trying to figure this out, but for some reason as well as not playing files but now when trying to add files even when i scrape them one by one doing "manual" searches all content shows up as formula 1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
External player random crashing0