Kodi and Wife Problem - MCE Remote Issue
Kodi seems to be working fine with the MCE remote I have. I can press power and the intel nuc goes to sleep. I can wake it by pressing any button but the mce remote power button. Wife can't figure this out. Is there a way I can set the power button to wake the computer? Currently when I hit the mce power button the remote when the computer is in a sleep state, it wakes up, and promptly goes back to sleep. Thanks and my wife thanks you.
Update to Wife 2.0, Wife 1.x is not capable of understanding complex electrical devices like a remote control.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
(2015-12-21, 22:18)MrMC Wrote: Update to Wife 2.0, Wife 1.x is not capable of understanding complex electrical devices like a remote control.
Maybe downgrade the wife to an earlier model.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Same issue here. The thing is, you programmed the remote so you know what the buttons do. But you give a universal remote with 40 buttons to someone else, they just won't remember the functions. "That thing never works!".

Please try my suggestion in below post and report back. You will have to change value 82 to 83 as you want the opposite of what the TS wanted. Please note this may only work with a MCE remote/receiver.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2184129

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi and Wife Problem - MCE Remote Issue0