Android Xiaomi TV 2 Android TV - Lag problems
Star 
Hi Everyone,

I'm using the Xiaomi TV 2, which is an Android TV. Because I'm not so satisfied with the inbuild Video player (mainly because of the subtitle function and the lack of ASS-support for subs).
That's how I found Kodi.

Maybe first a little information about the hardware of the TV:
CPU: 4-Core MStar 1,45GHz ARMv7
GPU: Mali-450MP4
Ram: 2GB DDR3
Memory: 8GB internal and up to 64GBwith mini SD (I have a 16GB Sandisk Card)

I'm using Kodi 15.2 ARM Version and I have my Hard-Disk connected to my router, using a 5G WLAN. I can access the HD in Kodi without any issues over SMB and it took some time to update the video libraby. Because I want Chinese subtitles I also downloaded some Subtitle add-ons, works fine (a little slow).

But the big issue is, that 1080p video lag very much. Sometimes I have buffer-issues, but not so often. Audio is perfectly fine, just the video lags. I tried already a advancedsettings.xml with the following values:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
I also changed some of the settings like the "chachemembuffersize" to the values reccomended in the wiki, but no effect. I also connected my HD locally to the USB of the TV, but still some lags.
What is most annoying: With the internal Video Player, alls Videos work perfectly fine over WLAN, even 3D movies. So I guess there are some not-network-related settings wrong in Kodi.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!
you could try Jarvis beta 4 (activate developer mode in your TV and google how to adb sideload apps)
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Ok,I will try that! But why do I need to sideload it with adb? Why can't I just install the apk from the download-page?

P.s.: Would it make sense to install Kodi on the internal storage? Right now I set my TV to "install on SD"
mazzel, I do not know details of your TV set and I was assuming it would be based on "Android TV" but now I see that it's a Xiaomi OS based on Android. so every way you can install an apk, you are invited to do so and tell us your experience.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Now I see Smile
Yes, no need for adb to install apks. I can just put it on a USB stick or even my SMB drive and install it from there. I will share my experiences!!
Ok, first try looked.promising. I deleted the old kodi 15.2 and switched the TV back to.install apk locally (to force kodi to be installed in the local memory instead of SD).
First run with no special settings showed no lag. I will set kodi up the way I like it and will share my experience here. Also need to.get 3D working... Got it one time working with Kodi but never again. But, 1 step after another!
Thx for the hint with the beta, Hannes!
Ok, so here is my update:
Movies play lag-free with Jarvis Beta 4, so thanks again, Hannes, for the suggestion!
Even 3D movies play without problems (and in 3D Tongue)

What I noticed no is the following:
-Updating the library takes ages (regardless which scraper I use)
-Subtitle Add-ons won't show ASS subtitles, only SRT subtitles are shown in the search results
-Everytime after quiting Kodi, the "first run tips" are shown when I open the "Movie" section
-Thumbnails of Movies sometimes take some time to load

I guess this has nothing to do with my TV anymore but maybe beta-related issues. I will try to find the thread for Jarvis beta-bugs (but couldn't find it so far).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi TV 2 Android TV - Lag problems0